Writing Kit 2.5 with custom theme now available
February 1, 2012 in Productivity
[prMac.com] London, United Kingdom - Independent developer Anh Do has announced the release and immediate availability of Writing Kit 2.5 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. This maintenance update features 16 custom themes, more fine-grained editor settings, and numerous bug fixes.
Writing Kit is a robust Markdown editor for iOS that comes with advanced, full-featured researching tools. WIRED Gadget Lab calls it "a mobile research room" while AppAdvice praises "If you're one who frequently use Markdown and do research while writing, then Writing Kit is definitely for you and worth the admission price".
Version 2.5 contains the following changes:
* Added: More fine-grained editor settings (Auto-Capitalization, Auto-Correction, Check Spelling, and TextExpander)
* Added: 16 custom themes to customize your writing experience
* Added: Select text in web page, tap on the Action button, followed by Send to Instapaper will have that text added as the link description
* Changed: Heading text in Markdown preview screen now have same black colour
* Changed: Replace the 'Substitute' menu item text with 'Replace'. Nothing changed in terms of functionality
* Changed: Replace the 'Full/Text' switch text with 'Content/Text Only'
* Fixed: Delete current file from the File drawer no longer tries to switch to the next file
* Removed: Buggy Delicious support
* iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* Universal Application
* 5.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Writing Kit 2.5 is offered at the price of $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category. Review copies are available upon requests.
Anh Do, a UK-based software developer, is the author of the Cyberspace web browser for iOS devices. Copyright (C) 2010-2012 Anh Do. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.