January 31, 2012 in Books (E)
[prMac.com] Omsk, Russian Federation - BSoft today is pleased to introduce TasteOfWind 1.0 for iPad, their 62-page ebook especially for connoisseurs of exciting fishing, primitive nature, and extreme travel. Featuring nearly 200 photos that can be expanded to display fullscreen, a candid and poetic text narrative, and optional quiz questions through each of the book's seven chapters, TasteOfWind is written in lively, dynamic language. The ebook, written by Alex Land, contains his first-person narrative and his powerful photos of Mongolia's native Yurts, mountains, lakes, snow, and fishing. The ebook provides an authentic experience of this exotic country that is covered by steppes, mountains, and deserts, and which is the world's 19th largest but most sparsely populated country with only 2.75 million people.
Seven Book Chapters:
* The Thrill of the Road - five men in two cars set out through the Altai Mountains
* Customs Gives the OK, But Wear Out the Nerves - three hours getting through customs
* Gasoline Pump, or There Are No Trivialities on the Road - the fuel pump breaks down on the car creating an unscheduled stop
* A Feast for the Body and the Soul - catching the first fish, a Mongolian grayling
* To the Source and Back - traveling through the harsh beauty and desolate valleys of Mongolia's mid-mountain region
* Wood, Stones, Clouds - the sharp stones and prickly bush grass of the Valley of the Kobdo-Gol River
* Escape From Paradise - weathering a blinding blizzard and leaving Mongolia
TasteOfWind displays beautifully on the iPad in landscape orientation, and each page contains several color photographs shot by the author. Touching any photo expands it fullscreen to reveal subtle colors and picture detail. Included in each chapter are quiz question regarding the material just read. Users answer multiple-choice questions, and their final score is tabulated at the end of the book.
"TasteOfWind 1.0 for iPad is the kind of ebook that immerses the reader in the actual experience of traveling through the harsh geography of Mongolia," stated BSoft team. "The text is economical and truthful, revealing the inner thoughts and feelings of the author throughout his amazing trek."
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 3.2 or later
* 58.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
TasteofWind 1.0 is $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Books category.
Based in Omsk, Russian Federation, BSoft is a privately held, young company founded in April of 2009. The company specializes in mobile software and e-books. Copyright (C) 2009-2012 BSoft. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.