Maintain releases Cocktail 5.1.2 (Lion Edition)
January 31, 2012 in Utility
[prMac.com] Ekero, Sweden - Maintain has announced the release and immediate availability of Cocktail 5.1.2 (Lion Edition), the latest maintenance update of Cocktail for users running OS X 10.7 Lion.
Cocktail is a general purpose utility for OS X that lets you clean, repair and optimize your Mac. The application serves up a perfect mix of maintenance tools and tweaks, all accessible through a clean and easy to use interface. Cocktail's features are arranged into five categories that helps you manage various aspects of your computer. It also comes with an automatic Pilot mode that allows you to simply press a button and relax, knowing that Cocktail will take care of the rest.
* Addresses an issue in which Pilot scheduler could not be enabled. Error -105 (Path to user's home directory contains spaces), error -114 (Home directory not found in the /Users folder)
* Addresses an issue in which Cocktail could not force empty the Trash. Error -362 (The Trash contains more than 2000 files)
* Addresses an issue in which Safari webpage previews could not be disabled.
* Addresses an issue in which Cocktail may freeze when trying to gather disk information or the journaling state of the case-sensitive HFS disks could not be detected. Error -215 (diskutil is not responding), error -217 (Could not get information about the partition)
* Addresses an issue in which improper permissions were applied to the File Sharing logs during the rotation of these logs
* Added OS X 10.7.3 compatibility
* Updated Automator actions
Cocktail 5.1.2 (Lion Edition) requires OS X / OS X Server 10.7 and is tested for compatibility with OS X / OS X Server 10.7.3. Cocktail (Snow Leopard Edition) for OS X 10.6 and Cocktail (Leopard Edition) for OS X 10.5 are available for download from our website.
Pricing and Availability:
Cocktail is $19 USD for a Single User License and available for purchase from the Maintain website. The license is valid for both Snow Leopard and Lion editions of Cocktail. Cocktail (Leopard Edition) is distributed as freeware and does not require a license.
Maintain develops tailored applications for Mac users. We work towards creating technical solutions which maintain your computer and make it as efficient and easy to use as possible. In addition, we offer comprehensive consultancy and support services which cover everything from operation of existing systems to purchase and implementation of new technical solutions. Among our clients are: Puma, The New York Times, Sony Pictures, Ericsson, Fortum, The City Of Calgary, Peak Performance, Loreal, Harvard University, Los Angeles Times, Swedish Film Institute, Weber, ESPN, Business Week, Swedish National Police Board, Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation, Getty Images, University of Texas, South Park Studios, CompUSA, bwin, Lockheed Martin, Defense Intelligence Agency, University of Michigan and hundred of thousands of Mac users around the world. Copyright (C) 2011 Maintain. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Mac are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.