February 1, 2012 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Seoul, Korea - Elf Defense 1.0.1, a stunningly executed, brand new tower defense game from veteran developer JellyOasis, sets a new standard with exceptional graphics and game design. The premise of the game, well-communicated in both the game's narrative cut scenes and within the gameplay itself, is simple. The elf nation has been generous with their human neighbors, extending their magical skills and resources. But their generosity has only incited greed in their former allies. Now, the human army is committing an unforgivable intrusion - attacking the elves in their own settlements.
Players strategically position elven and mercenary forces along the path of assault in order to protect the elven castle. Each stage requires defeating a predetermined number of enemy waves, without allowing the fortress to be overcome. As the game progresses, greater complexity is introduced as players gain access to more combat unit types, special soldiers for higher, and items. The human forces and their allies grow more sophisticated in their attacks as well, creating balanced, satisfying pacing throughout the game.
Elf Defense faces stiff competition in the thriving tower defense genre, but JellyOasis has little to worry about. The unique character design and superb HD graphics set the game apart, and Elf Defense boasts charm that is not just skin deep. In addition to the unique block-like character design, the vibrant palette of colors, and charming, detailed animation, the game play itself is sure to build a loyal fan base.
Elf Defense is available now in the iTunes App Store, for $2.99. The game is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad (and the iPad does the graphics the greatest justice).
* Deploy a wide variety of units, each with their own special combat skills, to take down the enemy before they breach your walls
* Over 100 enemy types make strategy a dynamic, evolving challenge
* Breathtakingly crisp graphics are put to good use with a gorgeous color palette and exceptional, unique character design
* Special items enhance tactics and provide players with the ability to tailor their strategy to suit their own playing style
* Adjustable difficulty makes Elf Defense fun for tower defense newbies and veterans alike
* Shop is packed with upgrades and items; players can purchase with in-game currency or buy additional currency
* Game Center integration
* Gorgeous environments - Fairy Forest, Desolate Desert, Frozen Artic
* Collect formidable mercenary warriors to enhance your forces
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.1 or later
* 48.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Elf Defense 1.0.1 is now $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.
JellyOasis was established in 2001 and holds creative as a their top priority in game development. They will continue to provide Gamers with a fresh experience by producing groundbreaking games. JellyOasis believes that these efforts will play an important role in the growth of the domestic mobile game industry. Copyright (C) 2001-2012 JellyOasis. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.