Default Folder X 4.4.9 Streamlines Favorites, Fixes Issues
February 17, 2012 in Utility
[prMac.com] Blacksburg, Virginia - St. Clair Software today is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Default Folder X 4.4.9. This release fixes compatibility issues and adds new features to its award-winning utility for enhancing Open and Save dialogs. Honored with Macworld Magazine's Editors' Choice Award for Best System Enhancement Utility, Default Folder X makes Open and Save dialogs "work the way they should."
Default Folder X's custom keyboard shortcuts put your favorite and recent folders at your fingertips. Pop-up menus let you navigate your folders and open Finder windows. Previews, Spotlight comments and tags are there when you need them. Open, save, and get back to work: Default Folder X is workflow for the rest of us.
The improvements in Default Folder X 4.4.9 include:
* A new "Add to Default Folder X Favorites" command in the Finder's contextual menus lets you quickly add the selected folder as a favorite.
* Default Folder X now supports Automator workflows in Lion, and will support the next version of Automatic Duck's Pro Import AE plugin for AfterEffects.
* A bug that caused crashes when applications opened http URLs has been fixed. This resolves problems with Sandvox, among other applications.
* Problems with Default Folder X forgetting favorite folders on some networked drives have been fixed.
St. Clair Software urges anyone using Default Folder X to install this free update.
* Mac OS X 10.5, 10.6, or 10.7 (Lion)
Pricing and Availability:
Default Folder X 4.4.9 is a free update for existing version 4 users. It is $14.95 (USD) for users who bought licenses before June 1, 2007, and costs $34.95 for new users. Please see the St. Clair Software web site for screencasts, screenshots, a full change log, and additional feature information.
Download Default Folder X
Purchase Default Folder X
St. Clair Software, based in Blacksburg, VA, is a privately held company that has been specializing in utilities and custom software solutions for the Macintosh since 1988. St. Clair Software can be contacted at: St. Clair Software, P.O. Box 10184, Blacksburg, VA 24062-0184, USA.