February 24, 2012 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Marshall, Michigan - WickeyWare, the small indie game studio with a big hit, announces a major update for the hit game Burst! Durring its initial release in late 2011, Burst! spent multiple weeks in the top ten of multiple iTunes charts, and currently boasts over 400,000 downloads and 120,000 players on Apple's Game Center.
Burst! tells the story of young Chester who one day awakens to find the skies of his simple world filled with colorful balloons. On investigating, he discovers that these balloons are not as innocent as they appear. Chester must use the special weapons he finds along the way to clear his skies in pursuit of the dark villain Lyndon and his mysterious motives.
"We loved making and playing this game," says Tim Wickey of WickeyWare, "and there is just so much more of Chester's story to be told." Chester's story picks up after he has destroyed Lyndon's factory and has taken shelter in the adjacent forest. There he discovers that not all of Lyndon's traps have been destroyed. Now faced with some of the most diabolical puzzles that Lyndon has ever crafted, Chester constructs a new radar arrow to level the playing field.
The new, much anticipated, "Desidious Forest" map-pack is included for free to those who have already purchased Burst! "We don't want to do updates with just bug fixes," says Wickey, "We always try to provide new content for our fans." For the first time, players can now skip up to three levels for free. If three skips aren't enough, players can purchase additional skip-packs.
Burst is a puzzle-styled action-adventure with complete 2D physics simulation. Arrows can be launched with the games signature swipe gesture, or with the more traditional pull-back-to-shoot method. There are now six map packs and 120 levels. As Chester advances, there are special arrows - including the brand new radar arrow - and new opportunities to improve his score. He has unlimited regular arrows available to him, but the less he uses, the better his score and the more bursts he receives.
* Complete 2D physics simulation
* Multiple special weapons
* Original graphics, and visual effects
* Original music
* Retina graphics enabled
* Universal App for iPhone and iPad
* 40 free puzzles and 80 more puzzle with purchase
* 3 free skips and packs of 3 skips available for purchase
What People are Saying:
* "Fantastic game. GREAT visuals. Very challenging & addictive. Great sound effects. Best game I've seen for the iPhone on the app store. Everyone should get this one! A Five Stars." - ManManManManMam
* "Awesome game! Have it on my first page! :D" - Fishes Ring
* "Lots of FUN! It looks great and it's a lot of FUN. :)) Excellent little game for riding the subway. It's just hard to put down once you start." - Yeees Birds
* "This is one of the few apps that keeps me coming back . . . Even the music makes me smile. The sound effects give a very satisfying pop, crunch, or squeak based on what happens. I recommend this game!" Luc?
* "This game takes brains and it keeps you occupied until the end." - Ittositeitelusiait
In celebration of the release of Burst! 4.0, WickeyWare is holding a contest to see who can get the best high score on the new Desidious Forest map pack. A $10.00 iTunes card will be presented to the player who earns the highest score on or before Sunday, February 26. To play, contestants should post a screenshot of the Desidious Forest map pack - with the highest score - to the WickeyWare Facebook page. The winner will be announced next week.
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* Universal Application
* 26.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Burst! 3.01 is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category. Burst is free to play the first two map packs, and it is still only $0.99 to unlock the full game. There are three skips that are included with this version, and additional packs of three skips are only $0.99 each, through in-app purchase.
WickeyWare is a mobile game studio dedicated to creating world-class entertainment for iPhone and Android. Copyright (C) 2012 WickeyWare. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.