January 5, 2009 in Productivity (E)
[prMac.com] Cedar Park, Texas - Mobile PDA and Smartphone market leader, WebIS Inc., today announced that it will be showing its incredibly popular PIM, Pocket Informant, for the iPhone and iPod Touch at MacWorld 2009. Pocket Informant is the premiere Personal Information Manager for Windows Mobile and BlackBerry devices.
This new release will leverage eight years of mobile experience to bring a fresh perspective to the iPhone user. Version 1.0 will offer Agenda, Week, Month, and Day views for the calendar, a Today view, a Tasks view with full GTD capability, Context, Projects, Next Action, Inbox, Search, as well as syncing with Google Calendar and ToodleDo.
"We are very excited to bring our multi-award winning PIM designed for mobile devices to the iPhone platform. We've been working on this for so long and to be able to show it off at MacWorld is a great honor." cites Alex Kac, founder and CEO WebIS Inc. "We have thousands of people signed up asking to be notified of Pocket Informant's release on the iPhone. We couldn't be more excited to be able to release it!"
Pocket Informant was the first full PIM (personal information management) for Windows Mobile in 2000, and listed at number 6 of all sales for WinMobile apps. "We have a long history of creating powerful and easy to use solutions for the mobile professional". Alex continues. "We are Apple fans here. All of our desktops/laptops are Macs; our servers are XServes; some of us have even worked at Apple. So we know what Mac OS X users like, expect, and deserve." Pocket Informant for the iPhone is truly focused on making productivity fun and easy, yet focused.
Pocket Informant for the iPhone will ship with its own databases for Tasks and Appointments and will sync with popular Google Calendar and ToodleDo online services through a network connection.
* Agenda, Day, Week, and Month Calendar
* Franklin Covey and GTD based To Do
* Search Events, To Dos and Contacts
* Today View shows todays events, today's To Do, and next action To Do for GTD
* Over the air sync with Google Calendar and ToodleDo
* Calendar Colors
* Time bars show Schedules at a glance
* Swipe to move to the next day, week, or month
* Zoom into a month
* Show Tasks on the Calendar
* Create and Edit Recurring appointments
* Add Attendees
* Set first day of week and work hours
* Set a default alarm
* Show up to 3 lines of text per row
* Getting Things Done (GTD) support for Projects, Context, Next Action, Inbox
* Franklin Covey Priorities A-Z and 1-99
* Smart Groups for filtering Overdue, Completed, Due Today and more
* Show up to 3 lines of text per row
* Order To Dos in Projects
* Multiple Complete with an innovative multi-select user interface
* iPhone or iPod Touch 2.0 or later
Pricing and Availability:
WebIS will be showing Pocket Informant 1.0 at MacWorld at Booth 1438 (Kiosk next to Apple's booth). Pocket Informant 1.0 for iPhone will be available exclusively through Apple's App Store at a introductory price of $12.95 (USD).
Headquartered in Cedar Park, Texas, Web Information Solutions, Inc. is a privately funded Corporation founded in 1997 by Aleksei Kac. WebIS has focused on the Mobile PDA and Smartphone market since August of 2001 and has risen to become one of top ten developers by sales for mobile devices shortly thereafter. With more than 500,000 users on Windows Mobile, BlackBerry, and now the iPhone, WebIS has shown expertise, leadership, and vision in the mobile space. For more information on WebIS or Pocket Informant, please visit their website. Copyright 1997-2008 Web Information Solutions, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and iPhone are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.