Magzter launches its much awaited version 2.0 on the Apple App Store
March 10, 2012 in News
[prMac.com] New York, New York - Magzter, the fastest growing device-agnostic magazine store and newsstand is quickly becoming a 'must-have' magazine aggregator app across all devices and has just launched its much-awaited Version 2.0 'avatar'.
Magzter has recently crossed 1 million downloads in just 9 months and is averaging 10,000 downloads a day across the globe which has captured the imagination of publishers worldwide and Magzter is currently in discussions with global majors like Time Inc., Hearst, Conde Nast, The Economist, IPC Media and their global licensees to benefit from the Magzter phenomenon and sell more magazines to their users.
After this initial success and cool user features like Facebook login, in-app purchasing, etc. Magzter is now well on its way to the rest of the world to enable magazines worldwide to be able to easily publish their magazines and for users to find a plethora of magazines to choose from and to enjoy reading and archiving.
Magzter 2.0 is the latest 'avatar' of Magzter with a fully revamped look and a more stable app with a lot of new features to enhance the magazine reading experience and the discoverability of magazines globally.
Some of the new features include:
* Country-based storefront where you can set the country and be shown the latest and best magazines from your country of choice first and improves magazine discoverability
* Improved magazine reader with better readability options
* Magazine reader shows individual page loading status and overall magazine download %
* Improved help tips for all screens
* Improved search features across magazines including a powerful keyword search
* Archiving of magazines and individual issues to save valuable space on your iPhone or iPad after you have finished the reading the magazines
* Social sharing of magazine pages on Facebook and Twitter
* Now with ezRead mode in the landscape orientation. Read magazines without pinch zooming them using ezRead
* Enhanced category listings to enable readers to find magazines based on their category and genre and also to find the top magazines in each geographical location
* Support for Chinese and Arabic magazines with reverse page swiping (left to right) to read these magazines
* Push notification inside the app of new magazines as they are made available to read or buy
* Access to magazines across multiple user devices (after creation of a free Magzter account)
* Facebook and Twitter Connect for easy login
Magzter(TM) allows publishers to publish their magazines on all Apple devices via the Apple App Store and all Android 1.5 and above devices in addition to allowing readers to buy, subscribe and read their favourite magazines from their Laptops and Desktops via any Internet browser for those who don't own these devices and smartphones. It is a boon to readers and publishers alike and allows readers to easily buy new magazines, subscribe to them and view multimedia links and video content among other cool content that may not be available on the print versions.
The Android version of Magzter works on all Android 1.5 and above devices like Samsung Galaxy Tab, Motorola Xoom, Dell Streak, LG Optimus, among many others who use the Android Operating System and the latest app update for the next Android 'Ice Cream Sandwich' version is also going to be released shortly.
Publishers looking to increase revenue, reach and branding can turn to Magzter for an effective digital distribution channel, getting their publications in front of potential buyers without the hassle of printing and physical distribution. One of the most attractive features is the low time-to-market capability and the ability to gain global distribution at almost zero additional cost. The Magzter platform also provides publishers with real-time sales reports so they can track their progress and success and also add on to their circulation numbers in order to earn more from advertisers.
"With the launch of Magzter 2.0, we've released a game-changing technology that recreates the way magazines are published and read. Magzter completely reproduces the comfort of the traditional reading experience, while still bringing the modern benefits of the digital platform. We are now entering the global market which is for our growth and we have been getting a ton of user requests to sign up international magazines as well - we are in touch with all top magazine publishers and they are all keen to come on board" said Girish Ramdas, Co-founder and CEO
"As a technology intensive application, Magzter is built in a way that enables publishers to manage their magazines in a seamless manner across multiple devices. It operates a simple self-serve online uploading platform where publishers can handle pricing, issue release, sales reports and much more in a quick and efficient way" said Vijayakumar Radhakrishnan, Co-founder and President adding that "we will be soon ready for the new iPad3 as well with better rendering of the magazine pages on the new retina display of the iPad"
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 2.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Magzter - Magazine Store 2.0 is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the News category.
Magzter Inc. is an New York based startup which is just 9 months old but has successfully been able to sign up top global publishers like Dennis Publishing, UK, Edipresse Asia, India Today Group, Haymarket, Black Enterprise, among many others, resulting in the magazine store having titles like Cosmopolitan, Marie Claire, Reader's Digest, AutoCar, Top Gear, Lonely Planet, Grazia, Hello! and 100's of other magazines. Magzter offers an ideal way to browse, buy, and read magazines on your iPad, iPhone, Android (Samsung Galaxy, etc) and the web. New titles from around the world are added every week and with 3000 magazine issues including a bunch of free magazines available from across the globe makes Magzter truly the #1 choice of magazine readers and publishers around the World. Copyright (C) 2012 Magzter Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Co-founder and CEO