March 16, 2012 in Utilities (E)
[prMac.com] Cambridge, Massachusetts - RPA Technology today announces Mobile Mouse 2.1 for the iPad, a Retina display optimized update to their best-selling Utility that transforms your iPad into an oversized multitouch trackpad and remote for your computer. Designed to operate via a local Wi-Fi network, there are no line-of-sight limitations, so users may control Mac, PC, or Linux computers connected to a TV from their location across the room, or use as a replacement for their mouse.
Mobile Mouse has received widespread critical acclaim and was the number one paid Utility in the App Store (2009), one of Apple's "Awesome iOS 4 Apps" (2010), and was featured in Apple's "Better Together" spotlight in the Mac App Store (2011). Mobile Mouse has been written up in top publications such as The New York Times, MacWorld, and CNET.
Version 2.1 is optimized for the new iPad's amazing Retina display, providing razor sharp graphics. The user interface also includes further refinements, as well as the addition of a numeric keypad. An ideal app for the remote control of any computer being displayed on a flat screen or projection TV, Mobile Mouse allows the user to view the screen from a comfortable distance, while using their iPad as a wireless mouse or trackpad.
Using an innovative application notification system, the iPad is always aware of what applications are running at any time and shows the appropriate keys for that program, providing the user with a single screen for controlling all media and web applications. It can also operate as a trackpad, allowing the user to control their computer with a single finger. It works equally well as a remote for your home theater PC, as well as an oversized multitouch trackpad, perfect for replacing the mouse on your computer. The trackpad supports all of Lion's multitouch gestures, and brings multitouch gestures to Windows computers also.
* Trackpad functions in vertical or horizontal orientation
* Application switcher (works just like the dock in OS X)
* File Browser
* Free Mobile Mouse Server application for Mac, PC, or Linux computers
* Operates over a local Wi-Fi network - no line-of-sight limitations
* Media Remote (with volume up/down and eject buttons)
* Web Remote
* Numeric keypad
* Application notifications
* Remote keyboard with function and arrow keys
* Programmable hotkeys (can be set to run a program or keyboard combination)
* Scroll pad
* Left and Right mouse buttons
* Multi-touch gestures (two finger scroll, two finger tap, swipe left/right with 4 fingers, swipe up/down with 4 fingers, pinch with 4 fingers, spread 4 fingers, three finger drag, three finger tap, double tap three fingers, double tap two fingers)
* Modifier Keys
* Remotely wake up or put the computer to sleep
* Password protection
* Unlimited custom media and web remotes with scripting capabilities
* Foreign language keyboards
* Supports Bonjour or static IP
* High-resolution graphics for Retina display on the new iPad
* Available for iPhone, iPod, and Android as well
"Whether you want to replace your existing mouse with a multitouch trackpad, or control your home theater PC from the comfort of your couch, Mobile Mouse is the simple, universal solution," stated Ramzi Audeh, CEO of RPA Technology. "And our latest version is optimized for the new iPad Retina display, providing an all new, stunning user experience."
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 3.2 or later
* 8.6 MB
* Mac OS X 10.5 or greater, Leopard/Snow Leopard/Lion (Intel)
* Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7 (32/64 bit)
* Wi-Fi router (works best on a local area network or wireless ad hoc network)
* Mobile Mouse Server Software (Free download for Mac, PC, or Linux)
Pricing and Availability:
Mobile Mouse Pro 2.6.0 for iPhone/iPod is only $1.99 (USD) and available worldwide through the App Store in the Utilities category. Mobile Mouse 2.1.0 for iPad is $2.99. Mobile Mouse Pro for Android is available in the Google Market for $2.99. Review copies are available upon request.
Located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, RPA Technology was founded in 2007 by Ramzi Audeh. They specialize in web, desktop, and mobile software solutions for companies large and small. Copyright (C) 2007-2012 RPA Technology All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.