March 21, 2012 in Books
[prMac.com] Santa Barbara, Calif. - iStoryTime, in partnership with HarperCollins Children's Books, is excited to release the Biscuit's Birthday storybook app, the fifth addition in the Biscuit series. Available for Apple and Android devices, Biscuit's Birthday is perfect for encouraging early readers to read as it features interactive animations and sound effects on every page.
A longtime family favorite with over 16 million copies in print, parents will love inviting their children to Biscuit's birthday party to celebrate with the little yellow puppy and his friends. Parents and their children can enjoy learning to read with Biscuit together or young readers can explore on their own through independent play.
After school or before bedtime, children will enjoy the story as well as activities such as a digital coloring book, memory game (iOS only) and puzzle that are perfect for little fingers. The completed coloring masterpieces can be shared with family and friends too.
Developed in-house by iStoryTime, every page of Biscuit's Birthday features narration, animations and sounds, and beautiful illustrations by Pat Schories, which all come together to bring author Alyssa Satin Capucilli's wonderful and popular book to life.
Key benefits of the app for early readers include:
* Improve reading comprehension by selecting between two narration options: "Read to Me" or "Read to Myself"
* Reinforce cause-and-effect with silly animations and humorous sounds throughout
* Develop early reading skills with text that highlights as the narrator reads
* Enjoy a fun memory game, which encourages young readers to match pairs of characters
* Promote creative thinking with the fantastic coloring book - the color-in-the-lines mode is perfect for little fingers, and the art can be shared with friends
* Bonus: There are hidden balls on every page. See how excited Biscuit gets when they are collected.
Pricing and Availability:
The Biscuit's Birthday app is available for $2.99 from the App Store on the iPad, iPhone or iPod touch and on the Amazon App Store and NOOK App Store.
zuuka publishes iTalk and iStoryTime - an interactive storytelling experience delivered to the convenience of your mobile device - which features a series of illustrated and narrated books created by parents for kids. iStoryTime books have been highlighted in the New York Times, LA Times, CBS Early Show, the iPhone Mom, CNET and is decorated with PTPA Media's Parent Tested Parent Approved Seal of Approval and the Children's Technology Review's Editor's Choice Award. With over 100 titles to choose from including favorites such as Kung Fu Panda, Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon, Peter Pan and Binky the Pink Elephant, iStoryTime books are an excellent tool for both educating and entertaining children ages two years and up. Copyright (C) 2012 zuuka. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.