March 28, 2012 in Books (E)
[prMac.com] Noumea, New Caledonia - Through a rich, diverse interactive content that is both fun and educational, readers discover the charm and unique dimensions of this country. There are so many things to be discovered that young readers will want to peruse the book several times through to experience all the riches and secrets it holds.
Young readers crisscross Polynesia in a pirogue. Over the course of their travels, each reader will make tropical flower necklaces, take part in an outrigger pirogue race, prepare a Tahitian salad, catch coconut crabs, send a postcard to the person of his or her choosing, sing a Tahitian nursery rhyme, and even dance the tamure.
15 different worlds details:
* The explorer's map - It shows the path followed by the two heroes. A practical tool the child can use to go directly to the page of his or her choice
* Polynesia from the sky - Animation to show Polynesia's characteristics and location
* The flowers of Fatu Hiva - 3 Polynesian flower necklaces, 3 levels. Learn about the flora
* The canoe Itoito - Presentation of the double canoe that Lulu & Zazou use to tour the islands
* The waterfall - A little song in a beautiful setting, the reader sings
* The marine life - Hammerhead shark, manta ray, masked booby, and turtle in action
* Arrival at the Tuamotu Islands - Learn about pearl farms and two unique fish...
* Charles' farm - What is a cultured pearl? Where are they found? There is a "shell game" embedded in this page, a wonderful exercise in concentration
* The coconut crabs - Catching crabs coconuts, what fun!
* The coconut grove - A Polynesian tells us about his life and has us taste a coconut. Yum!
* Tahitian dance - Heiva, a major national holiday. It's time to dance - everyone on the dance floor!
* Tahitian salad - Prepare a local specialty. Time to eat!
* Va'a (outrigger canoe) race - It's all here: the colors, the sounds, the atmosphere, the starting gun...pay close attention to keep heading for the finish line...what excitement!
* Postcard from Bora Bora - Last stop! It's time to send a postcard; we write, draw, leave a souvenir of our trip, and share
* 15 illustrated and animated worlds
* The explorer's map. A practical tool the child can use to go directly to the page of his or her choice, or to a favorite game
* All pages are interactive
* Two languages: English and French
* Six mini-games
* Sound can be muted at any time
* Easy, intuitive interface
* Reading time: 25 minutes, and the child will read it again and again
* Universal app, runs on both iPhone on iPad
* Collection: Lulu & Zazou
Charmingly illustrated in brilliant, vintage-feel colors by Stephanie Bertault.
Sounds and music by David Herschel, former Radio France producer.Written by Vanessa Pol, a world traveler who loves sharing her discoveries, in collaboration with David Herschel, coauthor of several children's books.
Vanessa Pol in Zanzibook's world:
What makes the Lulu & Zazou collection so unique?
Each story in the Lulu & Zazou animated book collection is a journey throughout a specific country accompanied by the two heroes, a little girl and her cat. In each adventure, the reader reads, plays, dances, sings, cooks, concentrates, discovers flora, fauna, and the country's unique vocabulary. All while having fun!
What's your objective for this collection?
To add a lot of new volumes. I want children to open their eyes wide and make the journey their own and have fun doing so. I really treasure this playful dimension. My main objective isn't one of teaching, but truly the pleasure the child will have in the experience..
Why did you start with the Pacific?
I created Zanzibook from New Caledonia. My company is Caledonian. As I live in the Pacific myself, that's where I started! But my travels have also taken me to Australia, India, South America, Africa...there's no shortage of destinations for the future journeys of Lulu & Zazou.
Why do people like this collection so much?
I create my books with great sincerity and energy. I share my experience. I brought together a team that works in very harmoniously. But I think, above all, that it's simply a contemporary theme. The planet is shrinking in this era of web 2.0. It's becoming easy and natural to travel, to work abroad, to speak several languages, to eat specialties from around the world. Parents are traveling further and further with their children...
So we should know what it's like in other places, right?
This book costs much less than a plane ticket, gives your family a new way to explore these unique islands, and you'll get there much more quickly! Seat belts fastened? OK, here we go...
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 116 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Lulu in Polynesia 1.0 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Books category.
Zanzibook is a mobile and tactile publishing company. In other words, Zanzibook employees live around the world and all of our books are digital. Zanzibook are currently only available through the Apple Store. Our next objective is to spread our wings much further, so that everyone wanting to read our books can do so. We approach the world with the certainty that, in our outstretched hands, we are offering the very best of ourselves. Copyright (C) 2012 Zanzibook. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.