KosmicTask for OS X - Run, create and share script-powered tasks
April 18, 2012 in Software
[prMac.com] Rathlin Island, United Kingdom - Mugginsoft LLP has announced the release of KosmicTask 1.2, a product that provides an entire integrated scripting environment in which to rapidly create, edit, test and deploy script-powered tasks and applets. Over 100 sample task-based applets demonstrate a breadth of functionality that includes general administration, file processing and application automation. This latest release introduces real time task feedback.
Novice coders will find that the product provides an ideal environment in which to learn about the capabilities of the wide range of scripting languages available on the Mac. More experienced administrators and developers will find that it provides a solid platform on which to implement rich script-powered solutions to exploit the full power of their Mac system.
KosmicTask Feature Highlights:
KosmicTask's multi-tabbed iTunes-like interface provides intuitive access to a comprehensive feature set:
* New: real time task logging provides user feedback and progress updates during task execution
* A central repository of script-powered tasks and applets
* Tasks can be shared publicly or with trusted users
* Local and remote task editing and configuration allows tasks to be fully administered over the network
* File processing workflows can take advantage of the integrated file transfer capabilities
* Includes a comprehensive resource of script templates for rapid task and applet development
* Secure network communications ensures data privacy
* Built-in support for more than 20 scripting languages (see below)
KosmicTask Language support:
Tasks and applets may be scripted in any of the languages listed below. Built-in Cocoa support enables the creation of advanced automation solutions using Apple's Scripting Bridge technology:
* Shells (Bash, C, Korn, Tenex and Z)
* Interpreted C and C
* Cocoa bridges (AppleScript Obj-C, JSCocoa, LuaCocoa, PyObj-C and RubyCocoa)
* Cocoa languages (F-script)
* Mac OS X Version 10.6 Leopard or higher
* 1 GB RAM
* 50 MB Hard Drive space
Pricing and Availability:
Prices start at $39.99 (USD) for a single user licence. Multi user licences that enable tasks and applets to be shared with other users start at $69.99. For more details and pricing options visit the website. A free 21 day trial version is available for download.
Mugginsoft LLP is a micro ISV located on Rathlin Island off the coast of Northern Ireland. Though generally windswept and often stormbound we feel that nothing can dampen our enthusiasm for Mac OS X development. The company was founded in 2008 by Cambridge educated Jonathan Mitchell. With more than 25 years of diverse software development experience behind us we are delighted to be able to work on such an innovative platform as the Mac. All Material and Software (c) 2012 Mugginsoft LLP / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, iPad and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Developer and Owner