April 25, 2012 in Books (E)
[prMac.com] Singapore, Singapore - Put Chinese culture and language at your child's fingertips with "Bella's Chinese New Year," an eBook app for iPhone and iPad released on April 23 in the Apple App Store.
Adapted from the much-loved hardcover version released in May 2011, "Bella's Chinese New Year" is a joyful story about a five-year-old American girl named Bella, who lives in Singapore, and is celebrating the New Year at her school. With her infectious smile and zest for life, Bella connects with the people and culture around her, making new friends and learning through her experiences. Appreciative of Singapore's customs and traditions, Bella guides us through orange exchanges with friends, the magical wish of a Lo Hei salad and the surprises kids find in shiny red envelopes during the New Year.
The eBook features:
* "Read to Me": listen to the narrated story with words highlighted as they are read, perfect for developing readers
* "Read to Myself": read the book at your own pace in traditional form
* "Auto Play": great for little ones! automatically advances pages and narrates the story
* Mandarin vocabulary: picture/word association, words pop up and are spoken when touched
* Mandarin pronunciation guide
* Professional audio narration
With a mission of teaching kids a love for travel and an appreciation of diverse cultures and people, Travel with Bella released its first title "Bella's Chinese New Year" in May 2011, and followed up with "Bella's Vietnam Adventure" in November 2011. This is Travel with Bella's first app.
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 28.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Bella's Chinese New Year for iPhone 1.0 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Books category. Bella's Chinese New Year for iPad 1.0 is $2.99 USD and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Books category.
Travel with Bella's mission is to infuse kids 3-8 with a love for travel and cultural diversity through books, games and interactive media. Join Bella as she travels the world learning about new people and places. Copyright (C) 2012 Travel with Bella. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.