May 18, 2012 in Photo and Video
[prMac.com] Sacramento, California - Bobby Software today is pleased to announce the release of Film Genie 1.4 for iOS, an update to their free Photo & Video app that allows users to add Hollywood-style effects and animations to any video. Featuring 13 Intros, Frames, and Loops, the app transforms plain videos into professional video productions. Film Genie works with existing or newly shot video, standard, or high definition footage, and videos shot in portrait or landscape orientation. Seven different Effects Expansion Packs, which add an additional 41 effects, are available as in-app purchases. The versatile app supports saving newly enhanced videos to the Camera Roll, opening new videos in another app, or sharing videos via built-in FaceBook and YouTube connectivity.
This app now offers Best Decision functionality which uses an intelligent learning algorithm to determine a user's Best Decision for a purchase based on price, distance, time, recommendations, social likes, and more.
* Live effects playback and fullscreen preview
* Standard (360p) and HD (720p) export sizes
* 1080p video export support for iPhone 4S and the New iPad
* Add effects to portrait or landscape videos
* Record new videos or import existing videos from photo albums
* Share videos with friends via Facebook and YouTube
With millions of video-capable iDevices in use daily, sharing short video clips has become one of the world's most popular spectator sports. There are times though, when a good clip can be made into a great one with a little creativity and the right effects. Film Genie is the ideal, free introduction to the world of video effects beyond simple alterations of color and grain. The Intros, Frames, and Loops enhance ordinary video through a remarkable synergy, where the product of the video and effect is much more than the sum of its parts. The effect adds a new visual element with which the original video can freely interact. This added element or counterpoint to the original gives the viewer's imagination an opportunity to be actively engaged while watching, with surprisingly powerful results.
Film Genie is very simple to use and allows users to browse and preview effects before applying them. Once the effect is applied and saved, the new video itself can have an additional effect added, a process referred to as making a round trip clip. For those looking for the perfect effect to complement a particular clip, 41 additional effects can be easily previewed and purchased from within the app.
The app includes three different kinds of effects: Intros, Frames, and Loops. A sampling of each kind comes as part of the 13 effects included in the free download. For example, an Intro is a professional animation that precedes the video and provides an Introduction to it. The Curtain Draw depicts a red velvet, theater curtain that opens slowly to reveal the video playing behind it. Frames are still masks that literally frame the video, such as the Art Frame, where an elaborate, gilded, golden wood frame enhances the video by placing it within a context. Finally, Loops are professional animations that are superimposed over the video, like Carbonation, where multi-sized, transparent bubbles of water fizz across the video, rising from the bottom to the top.
* Anniversary Banner - You remembered
* Art Frame - A masterpiece
* Binoculars - Go Anywhere. See Everything.
* Carbonation - A splash of bubbly
* Curtain Draw - You're on
* Letterbox - Paint the silver screen
* Mouth - Open wide
* Paparazzi Flashes - Instant celebrity
* Phone - Yo dawg, I heard you like phones...
* Starfield -Star surfer
* Sun - Eye protection required
* Television - Be on TV... in the 90s
* Vignette - So dramatic
Optional Effects Expansion Packs:
* Friends - Birthday, Confetti, Flowers, Hearts, Holidays
* Adventure - Cinema, Doors, Fire, Fireworks, Nightvision, Scope
* Adventure II - Camera, Cyborg, Helmet, Hypnotize, Jail, Record
* Elements - Bokeh, Fog, Keyhole, Rain, Snow, Waves
* Rock Star - Audience, Champions, Music, Stadium, Stars
* Variety - Cat, Caution, Cracked, Dog, Grain, Psychedelic, Puzzle
* Halloween - Bats, Ghost, Halloween, Lightning, Trick or Treat, Webs
"Film Genie puts some very sophisticated effects into the hands of iDevice owners," commented Bobby Cronkhite of Bobby Software. "Try the free download and see how much difference it makes to one of your videos."
* iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, iPod touch (4th generation), iPad 2 and New iPad
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 123 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Film Genie - Free Video Effects, up to HD Quality 1.3 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photo & Video category. A variety of optional Effects Packs are $0.99 each as an in-app purchase. Review copies are available on request.
Based in Sacramento, California, Bobby Cronkhite Software was founded in January 2000. Initially, the company developed ZeboPhoto, a Swiss army knife-type graphics app for OS X and did contract work. In 2006, with the addition of the Intel processor to the Mac, they began specializing in developing Cocoa apps for clients on OS X. In 2008, Sam Dominguez joined the Design team and was with the firm until recently. They released their first iOS app, King's Cup, on Nov 17, 2008. All 19 of the company's iOS apps are still available on the App Store. Copyright (C) 2000-2012 Bobby Cronkhite Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.