March 2, 2009 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Mainz, Germany - Synium Software is proud to announce the availability of MacFamilyTree 5.4, their popular genealogy application for the Mac. Version 5.4 brings a host of new and improved and new features and is the biggest and most important update within the fifth generation of MacFamilyTree.
With its completely redesigned Web Export, publishing one's family on the Internet is Just a few clicks away - making genealogy research available to friends and family worldwide. MacFamilyTree 5.4 offers an enhanced workflow, a completely new web page design, including additional attractive themes. Using the MacFamilyTree website, users can publish their family trees at no additonal cost.
The geolocations search is another heavily-improved feature of version 5.4: MacFamilyTree now comfortably retrieves names and coordinates for places, from tiny villages to huge metropoles - instantly, requiring just a few clicks. A database of more than 1.5 million entries includes information about country and state, as well as additional and historical place names. Places for which the exact coordinates have already been defined, will propagate this information to every subsequently added event in the same location.
With MacFamilyTree 5.4, users are able to quickly export all Reports as self-contained HTML documents to easily attach them to e-mails and for archiving purposes too. The popular Family Assistant received a major overhaul and is now much more accurate when it comes to displaying and aligning individuals across generations and family contexts. A new Startup Window grants direct access to the most recently-used family trees.
New And Improved Features in MacFamilyTree:
New Web Page Export
* Completely new web page design and enhanced workflow
* Additional and improved themes
* Web pages can be exported in different localizations
* New: Kinship Report available on every person page
* Optionally display Notes for every chart
* Fonts can be customized for every chart
* Improved printing and chart editing
Virtual Globe/Coordinates Lookup
* Vastly improved coordinates lookup
* Larger and more detailed locations database
* Country and state information displayed for search results: more easily identify specific places
* Events can be optionally excluded in the places and event report
* Improved printing and PDF export
* Each report can be saved as a HTML file
* Improved alignment of individuals in the Family Assitant
* Quick Navigation view now available in the family edit mode too
* Improved option windows for Charts, Reports and edit modes
* New startup window with direct access to the recently opened files
* Improved date parser which handles date ranges (z.B. BET 2001 and 2002) correctly
* Virtual Tree alignment and performance improved
* The Virtual Tree now displays marriage and divorce dates
* US English, Danish, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Swedish
* Localizations in other languages will be released as subsequent free updates
MacFamilyTree 5 requires Mac OS X 10.4.9 or higher, a PPC Macintosh with 512 MByte RAM (1024 recommended), ATI Radeon 7500 or NVidia GeForce 4 MX graphics chipset or better and a minimum of 16 MByte video memory. All Macintosh computers with Intel processors and Intel's GMA 950 graphics chipset or better are supported.
MacFamilyTree 5 is fully compatible with Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard. Note: Safari 3.0 or newer, which is available for free at Apple's 'Downloads' section, must be installed for MacFamilyTree 5.3 to work.
Pricing and Availability:
MacFamilyTree 5 can be purchased for $49.00 (USD), upgrades are $25.00 (USD). Demo is also available for download. Update from all previous versions of MacFamilyTree requires valid registration key from previous versions. For customers who purchased MacFamilyTree 4 on, or after August 14th, 2007 the upgrade to MacFamilyTree 5 is free. Registration codes will automatically work with MacFamilyTree 5.
The companion application MobileFamilyTree allows you to link your iPhone or iPod touch with MacFamilyTree on your Mac. MobileFamilyTree is available separately from the iTunes App Store for $4.99 (USD). With MobileFamilyTree you can browse and edit all persons and families in your family tree everywhere and at all times.
Synium Software GmbH is a software development and consulting company, based in Mainz (Mayence), Germany. Apart from being a successful publisher within the Mac software market, we offer a popular web-based news service at mactechnews for the German-speaking audience. All Material and Software (C) 2005-2009 Synium Software GmbH / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.