August 7, 2012 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] London, United Kingdom - PixelEspresso has released version 1.5 of Decloner (TM), an easy-to-use utility to find and eliminate duplicate files on Macintosh computers running Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard or newer OS. Decloner uses the extremely reliable secure hash algorithm (SHA-1) to determine if files are identical. The app has a simple and convenient interface that allows the user to choose multiple locations to scan for duplicates, including folders, iPhoto and Aperture libraries.
Decloner can quickly process large number of files on internal, external or network drives. It presents the list of duplicate files to the user and allows selecting and removing files into a virtual Trash for review and subsequent deletion. The user can select files manually or automatically, preserving the most relevant file copy, preview files using QuickLook feature, and reveal them in Finder.
Decloner can replace removed duplicates with an alias of the remaining file. It never deletes files permanently on its own. Instead, it moves files into the Trash (or, in Aperture, assigns images the 'Duplicate' keyword) so that the user can always restore them if necessary. It also guarantees that at least one copy of a file will remain. The list of duplicates is saved between runs of the app. Sparkle auto-update feature is included for user convenience (not present in the Mac App Store version).
* Compares files using Secure Hash Algorithm (SHA-1) for ultimate reliability
* Has simple straightforward user interface
* Scans across multiple folders and photo libraries
* Can quickly process large number of files
* Displays file information and supports QuickLook
* Saves scan results and restores them when reopened
* Automatically selects duplicate files for removal
* Never deletes files on its own - places them in Trash or tags as duplicate for ultimate peace of mind
* Allows restoration of files from virtual Trash in case the user changes her mind
* Optionally replaces deleted duplicates with aliases of the remaining file
* Supports file name exclusion lists
* Ignores files smaller than a user-defined size
* Ensures at least one copy of a file remains
* Protects system folders
New in version 1.5:
* Cleaned-up interface for better usability
* Virtual Trash with Delete, Delete & Link, and Put Back actions
* Support for iPhoto 9 and Aperture 3 libraries, including the new iPhoto 9.3 and Aperture 3.3 libraries
* Persistent scan results
* Lion full screen mode support
* Retina display support
* Better accessibility
* Numerous bug fixes and enhancements
* Mac OS X Version 10.6 Snow Leopard
* 64-bit Intel-based Macintosh
* 3 MB
Decloner has a free full-featured 30-day trial period and costs $9.99 USD per user.
PixelEspresso makes software for Mac and iOS. It was founded in 2008 and is based in London, United Kingdom. All Material and Software (C) 2008-2012 PixelEspresso. All Rights Reserved. Copyright (C) 2012 PixelEspresso. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac OS X, and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.