August 12, 2012 in Software (F)
[prMac.com] Dobrich, Bulgaria - Presenta Ltd. is pleased to announce the new release of iGetter version 2.9 for OS X. iGetter is a powerful, full featured download manager and accelerator. iGetter can greatly improve the speed of your downloads using segmented downloading. In addition it allows auto resume on broken downloads, queue filtering by various criteria, site explorer, history list, scheduling downloads for low traffic periods, auto redial on broken connection, auto hang-up and shut down on completion, and much more.
New in version 2.9:
* Ready for OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.
* Digitally signed for Gatekeeper on OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.
* Optimized for Firefox v14 and Chrome v22 browsers.
* Added new functionality in the iGetter Extension for Firefox, which allows transfer of download URLs through a new option named "iGetter" available on the Firefox Save Download dialog. This solves the problem with "Content-Disposition" downloads not sent otherwise to iGetter.
* Added support for cookies in secondary download segments. Reworked download engine to resolve cookies per individual URL on download segment.
* Added dynamic cookie cache per active download.
* Added new option in "Item Settings" and "Advanced Preferences" for preserving original file dates from the download servers.
* Specified application category type for better integration with OS X 10.7 and OS X 10.8.
* Added a contextual menu for copying parameter values (incl. SHA1 and MD5) from Download Info and History Info panels. This could be very useful for fast checksum verifications.
* Added time info to the date fields in Download Info and History Info panels.
* Added support for 64bit Opera v12 in iGetter Plugin and iGetter Scriptable Plugin.
* Added support for the new versions of Safari, Firefox, Chrome/Chromium and Opera in iGetter Scriptable Plugin.
* Added support for the "application/download" MIME type.
* Reworked iGetter Plugin's informational mechanism (an URL is transferred for download in iGetter), which caused an infinite back loop in some rare cases.
* Added support for the new extension location in Chrome/Chromium v20+.
* Updated SQLite to improve compatibility with cookie file of the latest Firefox versions.
* Some fixes and additions to the Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Italian, Polish and Turkish localizations.
* Fixed a possible memory leak with the contextual menu usage in DataBrowser.
* Fixed the non-functioning "Move Up" and "Move Down" buttons in the "Download Rules" dialog.
* Fixed an incompatibility with Safari v5+, that could crash iGetter when launched through the contextual menu integration in Safari.
* Fixed a bug that prevented iGetter Extension from loading in Chrome/Chromium v17+.
* Fixed an incompatibility with Chrome/Chromium v22+, that caused "Could not load iGetter Plugin" error message in 32bit mode.
* Fixed an incompatibility that could crash iGetter Plugin with Safari v1.x browser.
* Fixed a bug that caused incorrect cookies to be sent on redirected URLs, in some rare cases.
* The History Info panel now always shows the file location, regardless of the file availability on the local file system.
The International version of iGetter includes: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Turkish, Japanese, Russian, Hungarian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Polish and Portuguese (Brazil) localizations.
* Mac OS X 10.2.x - 10.8.x
* Intel - or PowerPC-based Mac
Pricing and Availability:
iGetter is shareware. iGetter can be evaluated for as long as it's needed to decide if it suits the user's needs. A licensed copy is available for $25.00 (USD). All registered users will get free support by email and free upgrades in the major 2.x versions.
Based in Bulgaria. Presenta Ltd. was founded in March 1993. We are a computer company, which deals with software development. Since 1993 the company has been a basic software developer of networking, multimedia and accounting systems for Apple Macintosh computers. Copyright (C) 2011 Presenta Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Mac OS X platforms are trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.