September 8, 2012 in Navigation (E)
[prMac.com] Sidney (BC) Canada - Corporate Smalltalk Consulting has announced Maps 1.9.2 for iPad, an update to their Navigation app that provides an advanced document viewer that accommodates highly detailed documents at high magnifications. Maps with its proprietary LargeViewer technology allows rapid scrolling and minimal drawing lag times for large charts and massive PDF documents.
Ordinary iPad document viewers slow to a crawl or simply crash and scrolling is extremely difficult when working with large maps or completely give up when dealing with wall maps. Maps has been specifically designed to provide effortless, real-time scrolling both horizontally and vertically, and quick zooms in and out. The app features TIFF, PDF, and Dropbox download compatibility, quick-view thumbnails, multi-tasking support, and either iOS and/or OS X based pre-rendering.
Employing accelerated PDF viewing logic, combined with CSC's newest TIFF decoder, it facilitates the pre-rendering of files into LargeViewer format. All pre-rendering need be done only once; thereafter, converted files may be opened and viewed easily. While pre-rendering can be done within the app, CSC recommends their free, Mac OS X LargeViewer Helper for batch pre-rendering. Pre-rendering is done at 2x, but users can render finely detailed charts at 5x, enabling instant zooming in at 40x magnification.
* Support for German, French, Russian, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, and Hebrew.
* Innovative document viewer accommodates highly detailed maps
* Maps allows display of image documents up to wall size posters
* Reads over 50 different image file formats, and many MS office formats
* Displays and paginates large PDF files, up to thousands of pages
* Support for TIFF/FAX files with variable page sizes
* Dropbox file download compatibility
* Acts like a USB memory stick
* Responsive H/V scrolling and zooming through large documents
* Sophisticated Cache Manager allows user control of cached Dropbox files
* Supports multi-tasking, allowing pre-processing to be done in the background
* Improved logic for dealing with multi-page PDF books
A major convenience feature of Maps is its Dropbox compatibility. The app has read-only Dropbox capability; it will never change or delete a Dropbox stored file. In addition, the app provides a sophisticated Cache Manager. This gives users complete control over files that have been stored in cache memory, allowing mirroring and later use of the Dropbox folder, even when there is no Internet connectivity.
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* iOS 5.x or later
* 13.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Maps 1.9.2 is $4.99 (USD) and available worldwide through the App Store in the Navigation category. Review copies are available upon request.
Corporate Smalltalk Consulting, Ltd in British Columbia, Canada, is a company known for its expertise in the field of building large, complex, iOS-based applications. Copyright (C) 2009-2012. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.