Chris Knight - Acutus Trading Ltd.
New App Explains Every Acronym
September 10, 2012 in Reference
[prMac.com] New York, New York - The sheer number of abbreviations around today is enough to confuse the best of us. With more being added every day, it's hard to keep up. Luckily, you don't have to- Acro-Dict does all the hard work by combining every conceivable Acronym, Abbreviation or Code (AAC) into one user friendly app.
The app is ideal for:
* Parents wondering what the abbreviations in their kids' texts mean
* Medical students and doctors
* IT (computing and networking)
* Geologists and geodesists
* Pilots and astronomers
* Mathematicians and chemists
* Anyone who sees an Acronym, Abbreviation, or Code (AAC) and wonders what it stands for
Acro-Dict's developer John Shaw says this about the app: "If there's an AAC out there, we've got it in Acro-Dict and we'll tell you what it is...and don't worry about new AAC coming out. We update the app frequently."
* Offline database (no Internet connection required)
* Regular updates
* 31 categories
* Over 58000 entries (~30% less in free version)
* Additional extended descriptions for some AAC (constantly updated)
* Quick dynamic search of words while you type
* A glossary search engine (fully searchable)
* The ability to bookmark selected AAC for easier reference
* Share the results of a search on Facebook, Twitter, email, and SMS
* Search Google and Wikipedia for more definitions of AAC
* Built-in tutorial
25dev creates, designs and develops unique interfaces and amazingly beautiful graphics for the iOS platform. The company's mission is to provide great products and great value for mobile application users. 25dev accomplishes this by performing extensive daily research, as well as new feature and technology analysis. From there, 25dev developers implement the best of the findings for their applications. Copyright (C) 2012 25dev. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Media Manager, AppLaunch