September 11, 2012 in Illustration (E)
[prMac.com] Indianapolis, Indiana - Mapdiva LLC today is pleased to announce a major update to Artboard, the simple, powerful, fun vector drawing software for Mac OS X. Artboard 1.6 is optimized for OS 10.8 "Mountain Lion." The update focuses on strong performance, important usability enhancements, "sandboxing" and Retina-display support.
* Mac OS 10.8 "Mountain Lion" support, including full-screen viewing, resume, versions and autosave preferences
* Crisp Retina graphics - all built with Artboard's very own drawing tools
* Trackpad gestures support zooming
* Enhanced "Boolean" operations for combining vector objects
* Isometric Grids
* Dozens of new fully editable vector clip art
* Sweet Image Editing, including mask and crop with other vector shapes; adjust image scale and positioning; edit exposure, saturation, and image effects
* Enhanced SVG 1.1 vector graphics import
* Various bug fixes and performance improvements
Artboard is known for its expert "stacked" styles that let users combine effects, such as pattern and image fills; arrowed, tapered, and tagged strokes; gradients with transparencies; Core Image Filter effects; and several others. Artboard 1.6 workflow enhancements include support for multiple object editing, toolbar access to common operations, and support for image transparency.
Artboard makes it easy to design logos, posters, technical drawings and more. Start from scratch, or make use of the over 1700 awesome styles and fully editable clip art, including speech bubbles, shiny buttons, maps and flags, nature, holidays, and home planning; plus a Library to store your own. Mapdiva provides many helpful vector drawing tutorials, complete documentation, and a free trial version on their website.
* Mac OS X 10.6 or later
* 10.7 required for "Lion" features (10.7.4 recommended); 10.8 for Mountain Lion features
* 64-bit native
* 85.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Back To School special! For a limited time only, Artboard 1.6 is available for 50% off exclusively through the Mac App Store in the Graphics & Design category. A Free Trial version, tutorials, and more information on Artboard can be found on the Mapdiva website. Artboard 1.6 is a free update for existing users. To easily update, use "Update" in the Mac App Store.
Mapdiva is dedicated to making intuitive software so users can focus their creative energy on content and design. Founded in 2008 by Graham Cox and Jill Saligoe-Simmel, Mapdiva, LLC develops powerfully easy vector illustration software. Mapdiva, LLC has offices in Indianapolis, IN USA and Armidale, NSW Australia. Copyright (C) 2008-2012 Mapdiva, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.