February 18, 2013 in Utilities
[prMac.com] Moscow, Russian Federation - Indie developer Vlad Polyanskiy today is pleased to introduce iDetective HD 1.0 for iPad, his new utility that lets parents, managers, and teachers remotely monitor when and how any Mac or PC is used. The ideal app for supervising and documenting who is running which applications and for what duration, iDetective compiles infographic and text reports daily or for specific time periods. Providing informative statistics and screenshots for multiple Macs and PCs, the app allows users to message, shut down, hibernate, sleep, or restart remote computers.
* Complete and detailed information about all applications being run on the remote computers under Mac OS X or Windows
* Window titles of open windows, with precise timestamps; see full filenames of the files open on the computer being used; check whether employees are really working or not
*Install iDetective onto your own machine and find out how much time you spend on work/entertainment/generally surfing the Web; the results will be surprising
* Reports on the programs being run, daily or for any other time period; iDetective gathers all relevant data and displays it as easy-to-understand infographics
* Real-time screenshots of the screen of the remote computer, which can
be saved and/or emailed
* Notifications each time the remote computer is turned on
* Huge information library of Mac & PC software titles; view an application while in use directly from iDetective
* Send messages to a remote machine
* Control over remote computers; shut down, hibernate, sleep, or restart
* Original, intuitive, and attractive user interface
* A myriad of other useful features already packed within the current release or due in soon to be released, free updates
With their global proliferation, access to computers is no longer a problem in most parts of the world. However, another problem has taken its place: control of computers. Parents have an obligation to supervise their children's use of home computers; unrestricted use can be as harmful as no access whatsoever. Among the simplest and most elegant solutions is iDetective. From their iPad, parents can easily verify that computers are being used according to the rules and guidelines they have provided their children. A foolproof system for monitoring usage, iDetective's non-technical user interface keeps parents updated in real-time as to who is using a computer, which computer is being used, how long it is being used, which applications and games are being run, and which websites are being visited.
The remote monitoring capabilities of iDetective can be invaluable in other settings as well. Managers and supervisory personnel can monitor the work habits of employees. Monitoring is completely transparent and undetectable by employees, though managers can easily message, shut down, hibernate, or restart remote computers.
In schools, teachers can refer to a daily history of every computer in their classroom, or look over the shoulder of a student in real-time. Owners of iDetective may also benefit from controlling their own computer usage. Viewing a bar graph of weekly usage, they may be surprised which applications they are in most.
Indie developer Vlad Polyanskiy asked, "Who is using your computer when you're away? How are your staff and employees using their computers? Are your kids spending too much time on the computer? Find out with iDetective for iPad."
* English, French, German, and Russian
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 7.0 MB
* Compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 or higher
* Compatible with Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
Pricing and Availability:
iDetective HD 1.0 is now at the special launch price of $0.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category. Review copies are available on request.
Based in Moscow, Russia, Indie developer Vlad Polyanskiy creates apps for the iOS and OS X platforms. Copyright (C) 2013 Vlad Polyanskiy. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.