June 3, 2009 in Publishing (E)
[prMac.com] Toronto (ON), Canada - Zevrix Solutions announces the release of LinkOptimizer 4 public beta, a pre-release version of its major upgrade to the workflow automation solution for Adobe InDesign job optimization. LinkOptimizer dramatically benefits the workflows of publishing houses, printers, prepress providers and design studios by reducing InDesign job cost through faster output, reduced turnaround time, smaller job size, and automatic image conversion and editing.
In the core of LinkOptimizer functionality is its ability to reduce the linked image size by eliminating excessive image data. LinkOptimizer reduces the image resolution, scales and crops the images in Photoshop according to their dimensions in InDesign and the target resolution specified, and reimports them to InDesign at 100%. In addition, LinkOptimizer can automate the image color conversion, sharpening and layer merging, as well as run Photoshop Actions during processing.
The new version expands LinkOptimizer abilities dramatically introducing the following powerful new features and enhancements:
* Convert image formats (e.g., TIFF to PSD, JPEG to TIFF etc.)
* Process all links in document regardless of the resolution settings
* Optimize images for external use without relinking to InDesign
* Resolution oversampling
* Resave all JPEGs in Photoshop to avoid process interruption
* Optimize resolution without resizing the images. This option allows to optimize several documents of similar design at once by optimizing just one of them
* Save LinkOptimizer settings as presets
* Image previews in the Links table
* Detailed info on link properties and LinkOptimizer actions
* List of ignored links
* Token-based variable names of files/folder
* History: Detailed processing logs for all documents
* Process specific range of pages
* Optimize document's duplicate instead of original
* Totally revamped user interface
* and much more
LinkOptimizer 4 public beta is available for download. Qualified beta-testers are eligible for significant discounts for LinkOptimizer 4. The details are available in the public beta documentation.
Pricing and Availability:
LinkOptimizer 4 public beta is a pre-release software and is intended for testing purposes only. LinkOptimizer 3.3.6 can be purchased from the Zevrix Solutions web site, www.zevrix.com, for US$159.95, as well as from authorized resellers. Demo is also available for download. LinkOptimizer is available for Mac OS X 10.4.2 and higher, a Universal Binary, and works with Adobe InDesign CS-CS4.
Located in Toronto, Canada, Zevrix Solutions provides productivity solutions for Adobe Creative Suite software, graphic file diagnostics and Microsoft Office on Mac OS. Zevrix Solutions is dedicated to helping professionals achieve more while doing less through automating their everyday tasks, producing error-free documents, saving disk space and cutting production costs. For more information, visit their website. Copyright (C) 2009 Zevrix Solutions. All Rights Reserved.