November 28, 2014 in Productivity (E)
[prMac.com] Cary, North Carolina - Remoter Labs is proud to announce that Remoter VNC will be available for free during Black Friday 2015. Its included VNC capabilities will be free on this day as well, and other In-App purchases will continue to be available as usual. Remoter VNC has been updated to 4.6.26 for iOS. This update brings iOS 8, iPhone 6 and 6 Plus support to their most popular remote desktop client.
Other updates included in version 4.6.26 are a new buffered on-screen keyboard, updates and stability improvements, many other enhancements,
Setup is simple with the optional RemoterFusion add-on. Port-forwarding and/or dynamic DNS is no longer needed in order to establish connections from outside the computer's network. This add-on also provides sound redirection, which allows listening to music tracks, or any sound playing remotely on the computer from the iOS device. RemoterFusion is optional and can be tested for free for 24 hours.
Otherwise, local session set-up is still simple. Any computers on local WiFi networks are found using both the Bonjour and NetBIOS standards. The user then taps on the desired connection, and all queried information such as computer name, IP address, service port, and more auto-populates the set-up screen. The user then only needs to enter the VNC password to complete setup.
The RDP add-on allows connecting to Windows (including Windows 8) computers that include an RDP server (Remote Desktop Protocol). This allows connecting to these machines without having to install a server, as is the case with VNC.
Wake-on-LAN support is also built-in. When the server session is setup using Bonjour or NetBIOS the MAC address is automatically populated. Otherwise the field is provided to allow the user to populate it manually. Wake-on-LAN can then be sent either from the main screen of the app, or via the session selection screen. Macros can also be created and run. Macro support is included for VNC, RDP, SSH and Telnet sessions, and a Macros manager allows for renaming and deleting existing macros.
Sessions can be stored and restored using the new CloudSync manager. The sessions can be restored on any device owned by the user. Cloud storage is handled by Dropbox.
What's New in Version 4.6.22:
* New buffered on-screen keyboard
* iOS 8 Support
* iPhone 6 and 6 Plus Support
Bug Fixes and Enhancements:
* Session editor screen shift with external keyboards fix
* Screen title colors now white on iOS8
* RemoterFusion trial fix
* CloudSync Manager fixes and updates
* Jon D's idea: When searching for sessions, return will start it!
* Keyboard mapping selection on iOS8 fix
* RDP NLA crash fix
* Miscellaneous Fixes and Enhancements
* Better iOS8 External Keyboard support!: All keys, keyboard repeat, etc.
* Compatible with Mac Screen Sharing, UltraVNC for Windows, VNC on Linux
* iPhone, iPad and iPod touch! Buy once, run on all your devices! iOS 5.0 and up!
* Support for sound/music redirection from your Mac and easy setup without port-forwarding / dynamic DNS with RemoterFusion add-on
* Support for RDP (even Windows 8) (and NLA), SSH and Telnet, VNC over SSH, RDP over SSH, and arbitrary SSH port tunnels via In-App purchases
* Advanced URL invocation system (see http://goo.gl/QvJZ1)
* Virtual TrackPad allows for precise and intuitive control! right-click, dragging and scrolling! Four trackpad modes (New: thumb friendly trackpad)
* SSH public-key authentication with SSH Key manager (import, generate, email, copy to clipboard your SSH keys)
* Support for recording and running Macros!
* UltraVNC MS Login Support, Server-Side Scaling and Multiple Monitor support
* Wake-on-Lan Support
* Bonjour and NetBIOS computer discovery
* Supports BOTH Landscape and Portrait orientations
* Intuitive Pinch to Zoom and drag to scroll. Also presets: "Fit Height", "Fit Width" and "1:1"
* Special Keys: Including: Esc, Tab, Alt, Up, Down, Right, Left, PageUp, PageDown, F1..F12, Control-Alt-Delete, Command, Windows-key, etc
* Fullscreen mode
* Clipboard synchronization (Paste is universal, but copy requires server support)
* Backup and Restore your sessions to/from Dropbox with the CloudSync Manager!
English, Bokmal, Norwegian, German, Italian, Spanish
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* iOS 7.0 or later
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 19.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Remoter VNC 4.6.26 will be available for free during Black Friday. It will revert to it's usual $3.99 price afterwards. Remoter VNC is available worldwide through the App Store in the Productivity category. In-app purchases are available that enhance the functionality of Remoter VNC. Review copies are available upon request.
Located in Cary, North Carolina, Remoter Labs was founded by Raf Cabezas in May, 2010. The company seeks to produce high quality software while maintaining a very low price point. Copyright (C) 2011-2014 Remoter Labs. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. VNC is a registered trademark of RealVNC Ltd.