March 2, 2015 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Guildford, United Kingdom - Kyan Games Ltd today is very proud to announce the release of Title Challenge - Football Management 1.0.1, an important update to their fun-to-play game title designed exclusively for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices. Inspired by the early football management games of the 90s, Title Challenge is a back-to-basics Football Manager game.
Due to popular demand, version 1.0.1 includes a community forum where the player's custom databases and gameplay tips can be shared. At the tap of a button, users can now share screenshots of your success with your Facebook friends or Twitter followers. The app also includes other minor bug fixes and user improvements.
* Manage your favourite club from England, Spain, Germany, France and Italy
* Update players and clubs using the free built-in data editor
* Fast-paced gameplay - Complete a season in a matter of hours
* Autosave feature - Pick up and play right where you left off
* Play anywhere - No internet connection required
* Drag and drop tactics with intelligent positioning
* Upgrade your training facilities to develop the stars of the future
* Upgrade your stadium to increase your club reputation
* Use your scouting network to identify transfer targets
Laurent Maguire also runs Rodeo Games where he created the Hunters series and the Games Workshop title Warhammer Quest. "I love the early Championship Manager games, basically since the release of CM 93 I've owned and played them to death. I still play modded version of those games now using DOSbox," stated Laurent Maguire, director at Kyan Games. "We felt these early games were a perfect fit for mobile and the existing games weren't quite hitting the spot for us. So we decided to pursue our dream of building a "back to basics" football management game with a focus on fewer features, designed for mobile. The user interface is a big deal for me and I thought this was an area we could really make ourselves stand out from the crowd. We had an idea early on that we wanted to bring some life and humour into the game using illustrations. We saw Dave Will's work for Liverpool FC and it turned out he also loved playing the same old games as us, so he knew exactly what we were trying to achieve."
* "There's a clean, flat aesthetic running through everything I've seen of Title Challenge" - Pocket Tactics
* "Addictive, smart and definitive" - Gaming Nation UK
* "The user interface is beautiful and much better than Football Manager Handheld" - FMH Vibe
* "Beautiful UI design and awesome game design, I actually couldn't ask for more" - Modern Jamming
* "A great addition to any fan of the sports simulation franchise family" - imPlayin
* "Puts the fun back into managing your favourite club" - App Advice
Paul Sturgess is a web developer turned app developer. He also witnessed Arsenal's invincible season first hand as a season ticket holder at Highbury. "I've never really stopped playing the classic Champ Man 01/02 release and I still pour hours into Sensible World of Soccer. Both of these games have the perfect balance of fun gameplay features and just enough 'real-life' simulation, explained Paul Sturgess, app developer for the game. "We've gone through several different iterations on the design. You can only really know if it's working by playing the game itself. We got a bare-bones prototype working as quickly as possible and just kept adjusting and tweaking it, making lots of minor improvements over time. Some people have said the loading screens are their favourite bit. It was loads of fun finding all the classic and funny quotes to use. We used what could have been a really dull screen as an opportunity to show we're not taking ourselves too seriously, plus some of the things footballers say are hilarious."
The game design was handled by Laurent Maguire and Paul Sturgess. All programming was done by Paul Sturgess and Ahmet Abdi. The user Interface and branding by Thom Dorkings, and Dave Will illustrated the app.
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6/6 Plus
* Requires iOS 7.0 or later
* 59.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Title Challenge - Football Management 1.0.1 is $3.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category. There are 3 in-app purchases - all of which allow you to invest varying amounts of money into your club. Title Challenge does not require you to unlock any content and does not halt or restrict your progress at any time. There are no adverts in the game. Love playing Title Challenge? Please help us out and take a moment to review us on the App Store!
Headquartered in Guildford, United Kingdom, Kyan Games is a small indie games outfit set up in 2013. The company is fast approaching their 10th birthday, with a combined experience of 128 years building web applications and websites of all shapes and sizes. Whether working for small start-ups, or large blue-chip corporations they apply the same levels of thought, care and attention to detail. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2013-2015 Kyan Games. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.