March 10, 2016 in Medical (E)
[prMac.com] Moscow, Russia - Petralex is a hearing aid application that offers the same principles as a conventional wearable hearing aid - offering an increased ambient noise volume via the users mobile device and headset. Developed by IT ForYou, the app has been identified in a recent comparative study as being the most effective & feature-rich hearing aid app currently available for either iOS or Android devices.
Patented audio algorithms within Petralex provide the following audio enhancements:
* Noticeable loudness boost of 30 dB
* Sampling rate of 44.1kHz
* Processing delay of just 6-15 ms
* Wide Dynamic Range Compressor
* Choice of the amplification formula
* Adjustment of the compression rate
This ensures the processed audio signal offers users unrivalled audio quality and hearing improvement via the considerable volume increase.
In addition, Petralex includes the following features:
* Nonlinear hearing aid
* Easy-to-use - no additional devices required and use when needed
* Quick setup for any sound environment
* Switch between device and headset microphones
* Built-in mic can catch sounds from distant sources (i.e. classroom, theatre etc.)
* iCloud profile sync
* Setup and adjust the app without visiting a specialist
* Bluetooth headset support (sound playback only)
User feedback also celebrates that Petralex offers positive emotions to users who would otherwise experience the psychological discomfort caused by eye-catching BTE hearing aids and even CIC hearing aids. The best and cheapest alternative option is earphones and hands-free, which are nowadays so common that users can receive the benefits of the Petralex hearing aid app in a discreet and flexible manner.
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 8.0 or later
* 3.0 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Petralex 1.4.5, the innovative hearing aid app that offers users high-quality audio processing for hearing improvement, is Free and available worldwide through the App Store in the Medical category. There is also an Android version available on Google Play.
IT ForYou is an international developer of innovative technologies in the field of speech intelligibility and audio signal processing. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2016 IT ForYou. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.