July 14, 2016 in Navigation (E)
[prMac.com] Carnation, Washington - The new inRoute 5.1 update adds seven custom route types based on the weather, elevation, or curviness of routes. For example, a family planning their summer road trip can create routes with the lowest temperatures or least precipitation; travelers towing a trailer may favor routes with the least elevation gain for a safer, easier drive; and motorcyclists and car enthusiasts can choose routes with the most curves. With the ability to mix and match several route types at different stages of a journey according to the userís specifications, the possibilities are endless.
Previously featured on the TODAY show and by Apple as a Best New App in Navigation, recent updates to inRoute have added a voice navigation system that automatically checks your route for severe weather, the ability to create and optimize routes with up to 100 locations, and more, making it capable of tackling even the most epic road trips.
inRoute Key Features
* Voice guided navigation of up to 100 locations with automatic severe weather alerts (alerts are currently available in US and UK areas)
* Easy reordering of route waypoints, automatically for fastest time or done manually
* Create custom routes based on weather, elevation and curviness, or build your own route from available alternates on each leg of a route
* Interactive charts showing route elevation, curviness, weather (temperature, humidity, precipitation, wind speed/direction, severe weather alerts), and sunrise/sunset times
* Search along a routeóthe whole route, every x miles/hours, or the next x miles/hours from a placeóto find gas, hotels, campgrounds or places to eat close to a route
* Save your favorite routes and places, sync between devices, organize into folders, print via Airprint, and share with family and friends
* Easily add places to the map using a Dropped pin, Search, or Contacts; import addresses from webpages; or import from TXT, CSV, KML or GPX files
* Export to GPS devices and apps compatible with GPX files
* Routes are stored on your device so you can access them even if you lose connection
Pricing and Availability:
inRoute is a free download with two purchase levels available: inRoute Premium for $11.99 (USD) includes all features for routes with up to 25 locations, and inRoute Pro for $2.99 monthly or $24.99 yearly, which includes all features for routes with up to 100 locations. Developed for iPads or iPhones running iOS 8 or iOS 9.
Carob Apps develops innovative navigation and entertainment apps for mobile platforms in beautiful Carnation, WA. Founded by Software Engineer Rob Cohen in 2010, Carob Apps aims to bring the open road to your fingertips; inRoute and BMW Motorcycle Magazine are now available in the App Store. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2016 Carob Apps, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.