November 20, 2009 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Ekero, Sweden - Maintain today announced Cocktail 4.5 (Leopard Edition), the latest maintenance update of Cocktail for users running Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard. This version adds ability to clear data detectors and QuickLook caches as well as contains many other important improvements and bug fixes.
Changes in Cocktail 4.5 (Leopard Edition):
* Added ability to clear data detectors caches
* Added ability to clear QuickLook caches
* Improvements on the clear dynamic link editor's shared caches procedure
* Improvements on the clear potentially harmful files procedure
* Addresses an issue in which Cocktail may unexpectedly quit while clearing system caches
* Addresses an issue in which Cocktail may report problems with diskutil
* Addresses an issue in which check of the S.M.A.R.T. status may fail
* Fixed a bug in which some items in /private/tmp folder were not deleted during clearing of the temporary files
* Other minor bug fixes and improvements
* Updated Automator actions
The update is highly recommended for all users of Cocktail (Leopard Edition). Cocktail 4.5 (Leopard Edition) is distributed as a Universal Binary and runs natively on both PowerPC and Intel Macs. Cocktail 4.5 (Leopard Edition) requires Mac OS X / Mac OS X Server 10.5 or later and is tested for compatibility with Mac OS X and Mac OS X Server 10.5.8.
Cocktail (Snow Leopard Edition) for Mac OS X 10.6 and Cocktail (Tiger Edition) for Mac OS X 10.4 are available for download from our website.
Cocktail is an award winning general purpose utility for Mac OS X. It is a smooth and powerful digital toolset with a variety of practical features that simplifies the use of advanced UNIX functions and helps hundreds of thousands of Mac users around the world to get the most out of their computers.
The application serves up a scrumptious mix of maintenance tools and interface tweaks, all accessible via a comprehensive graphical interface. Most of Cocktail's major features are arranged in five basic categories. In addition, a Pilot lets you clean, repair and optimize your system with one click of the button.
Maintain develops tailored applications for Mac users. We work towards creating technical solutions which maintain your computer and make it as efficient and easy to use as possible. In addition, we offer comprehensive consultancy and support services which cover everything from operation of existing systems to purchase and implementation of new technical solutions. Among our clients are: Puma, The New York Times, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Ericsson, Fortum, The City Of Calgary, Peak Performance, Loreal, Harvard University, Los Angeles Times, Tribune Company, Swedish Film Institute, Weber, ESPN, Midway, Business Week, Swedish National Police Board, Pinnacle Systems, Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation, Stockbyte, University of Texas, South Park Studios.