September 29, 2007 in Software (F)
[prMac.com] XChange International, the source for extended technology worldwide, are pleased to announce the ArabicXT XTension for QuarkXPress 7 for Macintosh. The award-winning Arabic desktop publishing software transforms QuarkXPress into a professional Arabic publishing solution. ArabicXT 7.0 allows users to publish in Arabic and to create outstanding designs for both print and electronic media.
Using ArabicXT 7.0 in conjunction with QuarkXPress, anyone can learn to create superb bi-directional page layouts, producing top-quality, professional Arabic and Latin publications without an Arabic operating system. ArabicXT can also be used with QuarkXPress Passport, the multi-lingual version of QuarkXPress, which allows users to justify, hyphenate and spell check text in 11 languages, including International English, U.S English, French, Spanish, Swiss, German, Italian, Danish, Dutch, Swedish and Norwegian. ArabicXT also includes 46 high-quality Arabic fonts with 10 additional free fonts provided upon product registration.
ArabicXT 7.0 also opens up the world of publishing in Arabic to the novice, including students, freelancers and home-based professionals. Anyone can learn the system in a very short time to create professional Arabic publications. Because ArabicXT 7.0 leverages the high-powered publishing functionality of QuarkXPress within the application, all of the features of QuarkXPress are available for the Arabic language.
Features & Benefits:
* Users can create eye-catching Arabic-language Web documents to export as HTML documents and post directly on a website
* Convert Arabic print-based designs to Arabic Web-based designs or vice-versa, within a single file. Users can even include an Arabic Web layout and a print layout in the same file and share Arabic text content between the two.
* Synchronise Arabic text among different layout spaces for greater accuracy: Include the same Arabic language text in multiple layout spaces and synchronise it between different layout spaces. This synchronised Arabic text may then be edited in one layout space, and it will automatically be changed in other layout spaces.
* Manage tables efficiently - Users can link text cells to one another, or to any text box, in a mixed Latin-Arabic page layout and also easily set the tab order of cells, thus customising tables.
* Multiple Undos - Users can reverse one action or a series of actions including text and picture import, text linking style sheet edits and much more.
* Automatic Kashida insertion using powerful Kashida algorithms for perfect justification.
* Automatic vertical & horizontal positioning of vowels over characters
* Drop word over several lines at the beginning of paragraphs
* Controllable Ligature selection
* Mix Arabic and Latin text in the same text box
* Flip page layout from right to left or left to right
* Bilingual find and replace
* Import Arabic text from Macintosh or Windows word processors
* Export Arabic text for editing in other Arabic word processors
* Copy and Paste text attributes on a character level basis
* Change of attributes of a specific language within a mixed selection range
* Improved handling of Style Sheets
* Enhanced Arabic "Flip Document Layout" feature to handle lines and bézier curves
* Support "text to box" feature of QuarkXPress directly in an Arabic textbox
* Convert "text to table" and "table to text" for the Arabic text
ArabicXT for QuarkXPress 7, as well as earlier versions, is available now through XChange International. To order, or for more information, users can visit xchangeuk, or call on +44(0)20 7490 4455 during UK business hours.
XChange are a leading supplier of desktop graphic and publishing applications, QuarkXTension(R) technology; Adobe InDesign(R), Acrobat(R) and Photoshop(R) Plug-ins(R) and other design and publishing utilities. XChange offer extended technology products from across the world specific to the graphic design, print and publishing industries and make them available to an extensive user base via their printed catalogue or online at their web site. The company are headquartered in Central London.