January 5, 2010 in Productivity (E)
[prMac.com] San Francisco, CA - TextExpander touch, the iPhone version of SmileOnMyMac's customizable typing shortcut tool, is now integrated in the apps Pocket Informant, GarageSale, NoteStuff and Auteureist. Users of these apps can expand their TextExpander snippets while typing within these apps.
To celebrate the integration, SmileOnMyMac has a special sale on TextExpander touch. Through January 12, 2010, TextExpander touch is only $1.99, a 60% discount off the regular price of $4.99.
TextExpander touch integration has been added to 12 iPhone apps, including Tweetie 2, WriteRoom, Simplenote, and Simply Tweet. A complete list is available at the SmileOnMyMac website.
The TextExpander touch Software Development Kit (SDK), which allows iPhone developers to integrate TextExpander functionality into their applications, consists of a free TextExpander engine library and sample code.
TextExpander touch requires an iPhone or iPod touch running iPhone OS 3.0 or later.
TextExpander touch features:
* Compose notes quickly and easily that contain frequently-used text, addresses, phone numbers, email signatures, URLs, etc.
* Automatically insert your notes into Mail and Twitter clients, or copy-and-paste into other apps on your iPhone
* Integrated in Tweetie 2, SimplyTweet, WriteRoom, Simplenote and other apps
* Add TextExpander snippets from your Mac via your local network
* Save composed notes in an archive for reuse
* Use multiple snippet groups
* Add Predefined Groups such as accented words, symbols, HTML, and CSS
SmileOnMyMac makes creative productivity software for Mac OS X, such as PDFpen, the PDF editing software that won an Editors' Choice Award from Macworld and The Mac Observer; DiscLabel, the Macworld Eddy award-winning CD label design program; TextExpander, the typing shortcut tool that was named a Mac|Life Editor's Choice; TextExpander touch for the iPhone, and PageSender, feature-rich fax software that also received a Macworld Eddy award. Demos of all SmileOnMyMac products are available to download free at the company website. Copyright (C) 2010 SmileOnMyMac. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.