January 26, 2012 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Hong Kong - Designed to bring out the inner astrologer in anyone, the new iPhone app StarXStar is introduced today as a challenging outer space card game where players must use their skills with numbers and patterns to win over their opponent.
Players of the StarXStar game use star patterns and smart thinking to control the galaxy. Competing against their iPhone or a friend, users play cards representing different constellations. Each card contains a number on each of its four sides. To control an opponent's StarXStar, players must put a stronger card next to theirs.
As players try to use their strongest cards to gain the upper hand, their opponent is doing the same, making for a quickly changing game. The goal is for players to control more StarXStar than their opponent at the end of each game, when all nine boxes are filled.
"In StarXStar, you fight against some brilliant and terrific astrologers," said Steve Ma, creator of the app. "You will need to use all of your skills, talents, and even luck to win."
The StarXStar game features a variety of modes to choose from: Crash to start playing, Base to select or construct a galaxy, and Link to play against a friend using Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. Players can also choose from up to 20 favorite StarXStar from their entire collection to form new combinations and claim victory over their opponent.
For more experienced players, StarXStar offers two advanced options. Expert Mode includes Rotator cards that can be turned and Inheritor cards that can be placed over an existing StarXStar to strengthen its power. Rainbow Mode groups the StarXStar by color, with different features based on their color.
"Once you learn the basics, try Expert Mode and Rainbow Mode to get stronger StarXStar and strengthen your galaxy," said Steve Ma. "With enough practice, you can become one of the best astrologers in the universe."
Features of the StarXStar game include:
* Various Skill Levels - Players can choose from four different levels (Meteors, Gravity, Rainbow and Twins) to train and test their skills.
* Flexible Game Play - StarXStar is designed to allow players to start playing quickly, and challenges more experienced players with a variety of advanced options.
* Control the Universe - The game can be customized to be easier or more challenging by setting the card level for each player and choosing how many rounds are needed to win.
* Build a Custom Galaxy - By unlocking different patterns, players can construct their own galaxy based on available StarXStar in their astronomical arsenal.
* Battle Other Astrologers - The game lets players play against other astrologers over a Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connection.
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 36.4 MB
Pricing and availability:
StarXStar 1.1 is currently available for sale worldwide through the App Store in the Games category for $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies). Review copies are available upon request.
Steve Ma specializes in creating entertaining and original games for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. His app, StarXStar, was recently released in the App Store. Copyright (C) 2012 Steve Ma. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.