August 29, 2012 in iOS Development (E)
[prMac.com] South Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Pocketeeers Limited begins beta of its new innovative technology that enables anyone to create apps and games for mobile phones and tablets, including iPhone, iPad and Android (Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Blackberry OS10 and Apple Mac coming soon)
AppEasy is a new way to develop games and apps for mobile devices that does not require learning traditional complicated programming languages, SDK's and other tools, placing app development into the hands of ordinary people.
AppEasy accomplishes this using a simple HTML-style mark-up language called XOML (Note that AppEasy is not an HTML 5 solution) . Users can create apps and games quickly and easily by drag and dropping XOML files, images, audio and other files onto the AppEasy project manager. Users then test their app in real-time on a Windows based simulator. Users can also use one button deployment to deploy apps directly to an Android / iOS device that is plugged into a USB port or to deploy a final build that can be submitted to Apple and Android App stores for sale.
For the seasoned developer AppEasy provides additional advanced XOML features such as variables, programs, events, actions, data bindings and Lua scripting.
AppEasy's feature set includes:
* Cross platform - Write a game or app once and deploy to iPhone, iPad and Android
* Test on PC - Built in Windows simulator that allows testing and tweaking on a PC
* Device Deployment from PC - Single click deploy to iOS / Android phones and tablets simultaneously to test on actual hardware
* Deploy for Store on PC - Single click deploy for Apple App Store, Google Play, Amazon App Store and other stores simultaneously and directly from PC
* Simple Mark-up Language - The basics of the XOML language is so incredibly easy to learn that even a child can learn it. XOML enables rapid prototyping and production.
* No SDK's or IDE's required - Apps can be put together using any text editor (even notepad)
* Advanced features - Advanced features available for seasoned developers or the more adventurous developer
Support for Lua - Enhance apps and games using built in Lua scripting
* Monetisation - Built in ad and in-app purchase support
* Tonnes of features - XOML and additional Lua support cover a large range of features for game and application development
What can be made with AppEasy? The possibilities are endless but here are a few ideas:
* 2D games (any genre)
* 2D physics games (any genre)
* Interactive presentations
* Interactive books and magazines
* Interactive app-sites (web sites within an app)
* Media players
* Business apps
* Charting apps
* Store fronts
* Interactive product query apps
* Scientific apps
* Much more.....
A more extensive set of features:
* No IDE's, No SDK's needed to develop apps (these are tools used to develop apps that usually have a steep learning curve and usually require you to be proficient in programming languages such as C++ / Objective C and Java)
* Develop apps without expertise in traditional app development languages such as C, C++, C#, Objective C or Java
* Deploy to iOS and Android on PC
* Test against a variety of screen sizes on PC using the simulator
* Mark-up driven for rapid development
* Develop once and deploy to all devices (Supports iPhone, iPad and Android devices, support for other platforms coming soon)
* Support for Lua scripting
* Define actions that can be carried out when events occur
* Local and web based assets, the whole app can exist on a web server if you wish
* Styles and Templates
* Proportional sizing and positioning
* Auto screen sizing and device orientation lock
* Local storage access
* Multi-touch input
* Accelerometer and compass support
* Smooth sub-pixel rendering and batch rendering for speed
* Touch panning and pinch zoom
* Persistent data
* Declarative HTTP POST's and GET's
* Support for Scenes (game world / app canvas) and Actors (game / app objects / sprites)
* Images, fonts, compressed WAV sound effects and and MP3 music
* Box2D Physics (shape, materials, collisions and joints)
* Tile maps
* Create simple or complex user interfaces
* Full support for simple and complex data bindings
* User Interface
* Text input boxes
* Buttons / Check boxes
* Panels (StackPanel, WrapPanel, Canvas)
* Image / Text View - Support for pinch zoom and pan
* Web View (display web content)
* Tab Bars
* Video Overlay
* XML data bindings
* Multi-touch based user interface (up to 5 simultaneous touches)
* Mediated animating ads from many ad providers
* In-app purchases
* Programs and commands
* Marmalade SDK resource groups
* Call scripts
* Image filtering
AppEasy is currently in beta and will be available some time in September / October 2012.
On release AppEasy licensing will be available on 4 levels:
* Free - Free unlimited features but displays an ad in the boot of any deployed apps
* Indie - Low price available to indie developers, unlimited features
* Pro - Moderately priced and available to professional developers. Includes dedicated support, early access to betas and feature requests
* Educational - Available freely to all educational institutions, including schools, colleges and universities
Worried about app store account creation or app submissions, well don't because AppEasy will be introducing a new service towards the end of 2012 that will take care of this for AppEasy customers.
Support for deployment to other platforms will be added in late 2012 / early 2013.
To find out more about AppEasy, apply for beta access or register your interest please visit the AppEasy beta site.
Interested investors please contact Pocketeers.
Pocketeers Limited is a South Yorkshire (UK) based mobile, console and desktop app, game and technology developer founded in 2002 by industry veterans Mat Hopwood and Dave Garrison. Pocketeers produces, publishes and markets apps and games for smart phones and tablet devices using the Marmalade SDK, Java and XNA / Silverlight. Pocketeers previous work includes titles such as Need for Speed on Nintendo GBA / Nintendo DS and the cross platform game and app engine IwGame for iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Samsung Bada, Windows and Mac.