September 30, 2011 in Productivity (E)
[prMac.com] Munich, Germany - miCal and miCal HD are two of the most popular German apps for the iPhone and iPad. The award-winning appointment organizers have undergone an important update. miCal 4.2 for the iPhone now offers a new landscape view in the daily overview mode. More important is the round version of miCal HD 3.0. The iPad version is following suit by offering an additional task manager via in-app purchase.
In a nutshell:
* miCal 4.2 and miCal HD 3.0 have been released
* Appointment calendar app for the iPhone and iPad
* Five calendar layouts plus dashboard
* Dashboard displays the weather and upcoming birthdays
* Automatic synchronization with Outlook & Co
* Task manager available via in-app-purchase
* NEW: New landscape view for miCal 4.2
* NEW: Task module via in-app-purchase for miCal HD 3.0
* Price: $ 1.99 or $ 2.99 (HD)
The apps miCal and miCal HD transform the iPhone, the iPod and the iPad into a central command station of a special kind. The programs display all upcoming appointments in a clearly arranged way.
Best of all, engagements and birthdays do not have to be entered into the apps. They are easily synchronized with already existing calendars such as Outlook Calendar, Google Calendar, Exchange or Facebook Events. Regardless of where the new appointment is being added: miCal will know immediately. New appointments may be entered easily into the mobile app when on the go. To simplify things, all entries can be color coordinated, depending on the color of the calendar that they originated from. This way the user always knows where the information is coming from.
When on the road the dashboard allows for a quick overview. It displays specifically those appointments that should under no circumstances be forgotten - as well as upcoming birthdays. The current weather forecast for the following days completes the dashboard. miCal (and of course miCal HD) displays the suitable heading for each appointment, a comprehensive description and a from-to-time. Reminders regarding an appointments can be presented repeatedly. Furthermore, an alarm may be set that will draw attention to an upcoming event. The app has five different layouts for upcoming appointments. The user can choose between a list format, a daily or a yearly overview - depending on what is needed at the moment. The app may be used in the portrait or landscape mode.
miCal HD 3.0 is following suit: It now offers the module "task management"
The iPad version miCal HD 3.0 is following suit and finally offers in its new edition the module "task management". The upgrade is available for $ 0.99 as an in-app purchase. It lets the user set up appointment related task. A to-do list records a name and a description as well as a deadline and a priority for each task. A variety of to-do lists like "Private" or "Business" may be created. Any completed task can be checked off the list in order to obtain a better overview.
The following are important functions of the task manager:
* New tasks may be captured directly in the dashboard or in the task manager
* Already existing smart-lists can be instantly incorporated
* Expanding of lists through icons
* Use of a simple backup system
* Tasks may be backed up via e-mail
* Sorting of tasks by due date, priority or title
* Tasks with a small flag will be displayed in the dashboard
* Browse through all tasks
* Setting up an appointment from a task (and vice versa)
Holger Frank from the entwicklungsschmiede: "The update of miCal HD to version 3.0 is very important to us. Now once again the iPhone and iPad version feature the same functions."
miCal 4.2: Small improvements and bug fixes
The iPhone version miCal has also undergone an update - to version 4.2. Small improvements and several bug fixes have taken place. The important changes are as follows:
* New landscape mode for the daily overview
* Multiple line feature for all-day appointments in the daily overview
* Manual input of the days used for appointment repetition
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 17 MB
Pricing and Availability:
miCal 4.2 is $1.99 USD and miCal HD 3.0 is $2.99 (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category. The task manager is available for $ 0.99 and can be retrofitted through in-app-purchasing.
Offer to the press:
Anyone that would like to test miCal HD may simply ask the press agency for a promotional code which can be redeemed at any app store. This way the app can be used free of charge.
entwicklungsschmiede is an indepenent German app developer. Copyright (C) 2011 entwicklungsschmiede UG. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.