October 31, 2011 in Education (E)
[prMac.com] Warwickshire, United Kingdom - EduGAME is pleased to announce a new high quality educational app for iPhone and iPod touch. Toddler Activity Island is an engaging app aimed at preschoolers in the initial stages of mastering basic skills and has been specially developed to be simple to use.
"Toddler Activity Island contains four entertaining games which in turn enhance a child's knowledge of basic numeracy, promote visual discrimination skills and allow for the development of creativity" says educational consultant Ruth Knibb at eduGAME
Containing four enjoyable games Toddler Activity Island introduces a new element of game interactivity by encouraging the child to shout SNAP! in the crocodile game.
* Down by the river lives the crocodile who loves to play snap - he's very quick at spotting which pairs of animals are the same so the child must shout 'SNAP!' (or tap on his mouth) as soon as they see two that match. The first to three correct matches wins the game.
* Deep in the rainforest sit the beautiful singing birds of paradise who can sing five traditional nursery rhymes. The child can sing and play along, deciding on the tempo as they listen-will it be fast (tap on the cheetah) or slow (tap on the tortoise)? Or they can create their very own singing birds musical composition using any of the notes from the octave the birds can sing.
* On the seashore with the giraffe, elephant and parrot, the tide washes up colourful sea shells. The child sorts the shells by dragging them to their matching shapes on the sand. Each time they're correct three new shells will be washed ashore for sorting.
* Out to sea the number dolphins enjoy jumping above the waves - the child taps each one to count how many there are. The number counted can be heard and seen.
Additional Features Include:
* Settings option for counting dolphins to 10, 20 or in twos.
* Settings option for a faster SNAP! Game
Reviewed by App for Homeschooling "With its high interest learning activities and thoughtful options and difficulty levels, Toddler Activity Island is great value for preschoolers."
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 11.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Toddler Activity Island is only $0.99 (or local equivalent) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category. Promo codes are available for qualified reviewers. Please specify the website or blog you represent when making your request.
Based in Royal Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, UK EduGAME, an app development company founded in 2011, is fast becoming known as a provider of high quality interactive educational games for children. EduGAME has already successfully brought Toddler Activity Farm, It's Learning Time, Bumble's Jumble (Toddler Jigsaw Puzzles) and Spooky Splat to the app platform. EduGAME has established partnerships with Talking Wizard to bring entertaining and motivating Speech/Language development games to the iPhone/iPad/iPod touch platforms-such as Splingo's Language Universe. Copyright (C) 2011 EduGAME. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.