Listen to the Web with Read It Aloud
February 17, 2012 in Lifestyle
[prMac.com] Austin, Texas - Apple iOS device owners can now listen to their saved web articles, blogs, new stories, and RSS feeds using Read It Aloud created by VoiZapp, Inc. This is the first app to bring state of the art text-to-speech reading aloud technology to all Read It Later, InstaPaper, and Google Reader users.
Read It Aloud reads aloud any web article, blog, or news feed from your Google Reader, Read It Later, or InstaPaper account(s) anytime, anywhere. Using state of the art text-to-speech technology, you can listen hands-free to your Reader's RSS feed and/or saved web articles in a soothing voice when you're driving, walking, working out, or just plain relaxing. During the workday, just save anything you'd like to have read to you. Then, during your evening commute or workout, use Read It Aloud as a personalized "news radio" that broadcasts just the news and information that you want to hear. Why listen to gritty news stories that you don't really want to know from around the world, when you can listen to timely content that you've specifically selected from your own Internet interests?
Read It Aloud:
* Reads aloud your Google Reader RSS feed or articles saved via Read It Later or InstaPaper in a pleasant, easy-to-understand young woman's voice
* Displays each article on the screen, so that you can tap around to read saved articles at random
* Intuitive play, pause, and skip forward/back buttons, just like the iPhone's native iPod app
* Reads as much or as little of each article as you prefer, choosing from one to all paragraphs
* Translates Internet shorthand, such as :), into spoken language ("happy face")
Using Read It Aloud, you can:
* Listen to your saved articles while driving, walking, in a meeting, at work, anywhere your eyes are otherwise occupied
* Stay informed, even while you're rushing around
* Relax your eyes by listening to, instead of reading, your saved articles
* Hands-free operation keeps you from getting pulled over for "texting while driving"
* And most importantly, it could prevent an accident and save your and/or another's life
"The Internet has become an integral part of peoples' lives, and mobile has fundamentally changed the way we all access and use the information it contains", said Dr. Robert B. Wesson, Voizapp's CEO. "Now you can listen to any web article, blog, or news story while safely driving, walking, exercising, or working - anywhere your eyes are otherwise occupied. In short, Read It Aloud give you a complete, personalized web experience by voice."
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.1 or later
* 60.7 MB
Pricing, availability, and additional details:
Read It Aloud 1.0 can be downloaded from Apple's App Store (in the Lifestyle category) for a one-time charge of $2.99 (USD). It's a completely ad-free audio/visual mobile web experience that reads anything saved in your Read It Later, InstaPaper, or Google Reader accounts.
Founded in 2010, VoiZapp Inc. is a software development company located in Austin, Texas. We have been developing software for personal computers for literally decades, from games to million-dollar professional training systems sold to governments and institutions around the world. We are now passionate about developing speech-enabled mobile software for Apple's iOS platform that powers the iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple TV. Copyright (C) 2010-2012 VoiZapp Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.