November 9, 2012 in Music (E)
[prMac.com] Orlando, Florida - Holderness Media today is pleased to announce the release of Echo Pad 1.0 for iOS devices. Echo Pad is a realtime audio effects processor featuring a unique delay engine + sound on sound looper controlled by a multi-touch XY interface. Echo Pad was born out of love for tape echoes, sound on sound loopers and analog delay pedals. Echo Pad excels at hands on warping delay tones and controlled feedback, and is not afraid to get loud.
Use the built in mic on your headphones, plug in a guitar, microphone, synth, drum machine, iOS device, or whatever you want using an audio interface such as the Apogee Jam or MIC, or one of the many other compatible iOS and USB audio interfaces.
Great for both live performance and sound design, Echo Pad was designed to have fun with the ability to sculpt a wide range of delay tones from subtle rhythms to heavy, dubbed out ambient swirls, to aggressive feedback explosions. Adding to the fun is a no frills sound on sound looper, perfect for quickly looping and layering guitar riffs or vocal melodies, glitching live audio input, building layered ambient soundscapes and more. Loops can be quickly bounced to an audio file for sharing with other apps.
Echo Pad is a Universal app that supports Audio Copy/Paste for quickly sharing loops and recordings created with Echo Pad with other audio apps, as well as playing back and processing pasted audio from other apps through Echo Pad's effects. You can also export a loop or recording directly into the AudioShare file management app by using the "Export to AudioShare" functions. This exports your loop or recording directly into the AudioShare app without needing to use AudioCopy/Paste, for a super fast workflow. Additionally, recordings and loops can be exported to iTunes FIle Sharing for access on your Mac/PC.
* Realtime FX processor designed for live performance and sound design
* Multi-touch XY control of delay parameters for expressive control
* Sound on sound looper for creating layered loops on the fly
* Universal app
* Supports iPhone 5 screen
* Supports Background audio
Works with headphones as well as most iOS and professional USB audio interfaces including:
* Apogee Jam
* Apogee Mic
* iRig iMic
* Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (* requires external power thru USB hub)
* Apogee ONE (* requires external power thru USB hub)
* Apogee GIO (* requires external power thru USB hub)
* Many more
* Audio Copy and Paste for sharing loops and recordings made within Echo Pad, as well as playback and process pasted audio from other apps using Echo Pad in realtime
* Supports NEW "Export to AudioShare" functionality
Loops and recordings created with Echo Pad can be exported directly to the AudioShare app for easy audio file management.
* Recordings & loops are exported to iTunes File Sharing for access on your Mac/PC
Sound design and Control:
* 4 delay types - Tape/analog echo, 8-bit, Rising, Reverse
* LFO assignable to delay time, input filter, volume. Great for subtle to extreme modulated echoes
* Control delay time, feedback, and echo high pass and low pass filters with XY control. (dual touch, more gestures coming in updates.)
* Toggle slider control panels for access to full parameters
* Save and recall effect settings
* BPM sync for rhythmic delays
* Tap tempo to set delay time and global BPM
* Sound on sound looper for quickly capturing and layering sound
* Compatible with iPad, iPad Mini, iPhone and iPod touch devices
* Requires iOS 5.1 or later
* Universal Application
* 3.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Echo Pad 1.0 for iOS is available now for $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Music category.
Located in Orlando, Florida/United States, Holderness Media Inc. was founded in 2011 by Christopher Rice. All Material and Software (C) 2011-2012 Holderness Media Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, iPad and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.