May 22, 2009 in Services (E)
[prMac.com] Lake Dallas, Texas - Mac evangelist MacScripter LLC is pleased to announce an update to MacDeveloper, their networking and beta testing resource for Apple enthusiasts. MacDeveloper helps companies and individual software developers alike improve the quality of their products by providing a platform to have their applications properly tested from a well informed, and energetic Beta Pool.
MacDeveloper is a free, opt-in service for Apple enthusiasts who love what the Mac community offers. It is squarely aimed at providing Apple users around the globe a place to connect, build a strong sense of community and an excellent compliment to bundled software avenues. Register to try out the latest software releases and receive coupons for FREE software, or purchase software at huge discounts.
MacDeveloper for Testers:
* Register and Test software absolutely free
* Testers may choose only the Software Categories that interest them
* Earn Points for Testing your favorite Software
* Use points to purchase software for FREE
* Use points to purchase software for huge discounts
* Earn valuable Star Ratings for being a Quality Tester
"What a totally brilliant service. MacDeveloper is the most useful thing I've seen come out for developers in a long time. Prior to release we can now test out new versions of our product on a variety of different systems, and get really constructive feedback from sophisticated users. It's the perfect testing ground for developers using the agile software development techniques." - Zac Cohan
MacDeveloper for Developers:
* Create Project Channels for only $18.75 (USD)
* Projects may be renewed for $14.00 (USD)
* Upload as many binaries to Project Channels as necessary
* Search the Beta Pool for Quality Testers
* Find Beta Testers who genuinely have a desire to test
* Developers use Coupons for Testers to purchase their Applications for free or at a discount
* Excellent platform for Customer Building
What is New:
The new update continues to improve MacDeveloper's usefulness as well as enhances the testing experience for both developers, as well as testers. In order to make it easier for Testers to follow threads, they may now include inline attachments to messages (images, text files and movies). Alerts are now "collapsed" by default, and can easily be clicked to read contents. There has also been a completely revamped Suggestions system, as well as all Tickets, as well as Project Channels, are searchable.
In order for Developers to monitor beta cycles from project-to-project, they may now change the status of tickets on closed Project Channels. There has also been a completely new system implemented for creating ProJect Channels, as well as renewing existing Project Channels. This is a very welcomed addition as it imports all existing tickets, comments, and subscribed testers to create a new Project. Developers may now rate Testers upon closing Project Channels 'inline', as well as choose those testers who earned a reward, as well as those who subscribed but do not have enough points for a reward. This allows the Developer to choose a tester who may had offered a suggestion that was implemented into their application, but had not earned enough points for a reward. And finally, all downloads include a convenient download counter. This is useful for keeping track of those who downloaded their application, but may not have posted a ticket.
Short List of Feature updates/Enhancements:
* Alerts collapsed by default, with JS click to show content
* Allow developers to change the status tickets inside closed PCs
* Allow developers to rate testers in the list on the Close PC page
* Version Number is now required on PC Creation (Testers Request)
* Developers can see a download counter for their build on the "Add Binary" page
* Build Number changes
* Developers can now renew closed PCs, for $14.00 (USD)
* Testers can search project channels, by name and description
* Testers and Developers alike can now search tickets in a PC, by title and body
MacDeveloper's sole mission is to connect willing and responsible beta testers to software developers. As an enhancement to software distribution, MacDeveloper believes that every business should have access to the state-of-the-art tools necessary to manage every aspect of their organization's testing activities. No longer do developers have to spend time recruiting testers. MacDeveloper does all of this for them. Now, they can spend more time coding great software and taking care of their customers.
Pricing and Availability:
MacDeveloper is immediately available, and already has a growing member base. Developers who register to the service may create their first Project Channel free of charge. Subsequent Projects are only $18.75 (USD) each. Developers may upload as many binary builds as they wish or until the beta cycle is complete and the project is closed. Projects may also be renewed for $14.00 (USD).
Headquartered in Lake Dallas, Texas, MacScripter LLC is a leading evangelist for Applescripting the Mac since 1999. MacDeveloper helps companies and individual software developers alike improve the quality of their products by providing a platform to have their applications properly tested from a well informed, and energetic Beta Pool. Copyright 1999-2009 MacScripter LLC All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.