September 9, 2014 in Entertainment (E)
[prMac.com] Blackpool, Lancashire, United Kingdom - Black Ridge Technologies Ltd is thrilled to introduce The Blackpool Experience 2014 for iOS devices. Blackpool is one of the first cities in the UK to use Augmented Reality across a large area of the sea front promenade area providing 3D holograms of Illuminations characters ranging from Pirates, Zombies, Tigers and even a Greek god or 2 for visitors to discover using their own mobile phones and devices.
3D hologram experiences including the hosts of the app, a group of loveable characters called the Glitter Ball Gang with voices created by local Blackpool school children. They provide fun facts and information about Blackpool and the Blackpool Illuminations.
There are also a selection of simple one touch games, that are easy, but fun to play and are designed to keep children and adults like entertained when they have a spare 5 minutes to waste when relaxing on the promenade or even waiting in line to enter one of Blackpool's famous attractions.
* Over 30 AR experiences at various sections along the length of the sea front promenade including 3D holograms triggered from the famous Comedy Carpet
* A selection of one touch mini-games designed to be simple and easy to play for those with a bit of free time to spare
* Free entry into the Blackpool Pleasure Beach amusement park by showing a special offer screen within the app. Entry normally costs GBP6.00
* Access to information about Blackpool and the Blackpool Illuminations including a map of the entire 6 mile display
A percentage of all sales from the app will be donated to the Blackpool Illuminations and the NSPCC's 'Turning the Tide Appeal' to help children in Blackpool.
* iPhone 4S
* iPod touch 5th Generation
* Requires iOS 7.0 or later
* 85.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
The Blackpool Experience 2014 1.0 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Entertainment category.
Located in Blackpool, Lancashire, United Kingdom, Black Ridge Technologies Ltd was founded in 2001 by Matthew Prodger. The company specialises in bespoke software including the use of Augmented Reality technologies to produce exciting and entertaining apps and games. All Material and Software (C) 2001-2014 Black Ridge Technologies Ltd / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, the iPod logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.