March 18, 2016 in Software (F)
[prMac.com] Perugia, Italy - ILEXSOFT today announces HighDesign 2016, the latest version of its powerful computer-aided design (CAD) software for Mac. HighDesign 2016 offers 64-bit support, which provides a significant speed boost in all areas of the software, and associative dimensions, compound walls, enhanced input and output with improved support for DWG files, GIF and PNG with alpha channel, and more - all within an advanced workspace that emphasizes user experience and productivity.
"With the support for the 64-bit architecture and many new improvements, HighDesign 2016 is a very important update as it focuses on the core drafting features: speed, workflow, and interoperability, as well as adding some tools that had been requested by our users in the fields of architecture and mechanical design," said Andrea Suraci, co-founder of Ilexsoft.
HighDesign 2016 offers dozens of new features that enhance the experience of CAD professionals:
* Improved overall speed with gains up to 10x in drawing regeneration, panning and zooming, file save and open.
* NEW Associative linear dimensions to link the dimension to its source object and intuitive Associate Dimensions command.
* NEW Compound walls (Pro) to easily create multi-layer, parametric walls with customizable fill, hatch, thickness, and function.
* NEW smart snap, vector and object info to speed up the drafting process. On-screen tooltips display in one place and directly near the cursor the relevant information about the current element.
* NEW Export as PNG with Alpha channel allows to save the project as a transparent image for easy import in presentation and illustration software. The import and export features also improved the DXF/DWG compatibility and add the GIF file format.
* New Copy as Image commands put the selected objects into the clipboard as a high-DPI image and make it easier to integrate HighDesign in the user's workflow.
* Enhanced groups are now easily editable both with the direct selection and via the Edit Group workspace in which the group is isolated and can be modified and expanded freely.
* NEW View menu to control zoom, options and views.
* NEW display modes to quickly view the project by layer or wireframe.
* NEW Distribute commands for easier layouts.
Other features include improved handling of multi-page PDF documents, more linear units and preset drawing scales, including the full range of engineering and architectural scales. HighDesign 2016 also adds a number of options and preferences for a more flexible and accessible user interface, like the new option to enlarge the tooltips and info boxes. More information about what's new in this release are available at the ILEXSPOFT website.
HighDesign is the full-featured 2D computer-aided design (CAD) app for OS X that combines advanced drafting and design tools with a modern, efficiency-oriented user interface designed to assist the user in all phases of the creative process. HighDesign has been developed from the ground up as a new product aimed at satisfying the actual needs of design professionals, and has grown to be a well recognized and appreciated app in the Mac community, actively used in more than 40 countries worldwide by individuals, firms and institutions.
* OS X 10.11 El Capitan, OS X 10.10, OS X 10.9 and OS X 10.8
Pricing and Availability
HighDesign 2016 is available in two main editions, Standard for $199.00 USD and Professional for $349.00 USD. A third option, called "Professional Plus", offers two Professional licenses at the convenient price of $499.00 USD.
A free, thirty-day trial is available from the ILEXSPOFT website. One-year educational licenses are available free of charge for qualified students and teachers. More information is available at the ILEXSPOFT website.
Founded in 2003 and based in Italy, ILEXSOFT is committed to creating innovative solutions for the architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) design community by developing advanced software with a focus on user experience characterized by simplicity and elegance. ILEXSOFT's vision is to create modern software that is enjoyable to use and tailored to the actual needs of professionals, in which the user interface plays a central part by translating the complexity of building and product design into a smooth workflow. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2016 ILEXSOFT. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh and Mac OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.