IconBox 2.5.4 - Now available on the Mac App Store
January 17, 2012 in Software
[prMac.com] Wingene, Belgium - Independent developer Florian Soenens today is pleased to announce the release and immediate availability of IconBox 2.5.4, an important update to his popular Icon Organizer for Mac OS X in the Mac App Store now. At the end of last year, version 2.5 of IconBox was released with some major improvements concerning searching the web for icons as well as a restyled interface. You can think of IconBox as "iPhoto for your icons".
Here's an overview of the main features:
* Search through over 160.000 icons
* Download & Organize them in neat Boxes
* Customize those hard to reach icons
* X-ray: peek inside other Apps to reveal their icons
* An icon a day keeps the doctor away. A new icon, every day
IconBox is one App featuring 4 modes.
Mode 1: Organize:
We have the same convenient organization features with a couple of additions. The libraries are now called "Boxes". Drag icons from the finder into a box, create as many boxes as you like. Furthermore Boxes can be arranged in folders and subfolders and you can re-drag Boxes and folders to change their order. We also created "Smart Boxes", like iTunes Smart Playlists, these folders are constantly updated based on given criteria. The search feature has been revamped to search for different criteria and the speed has been improved a lot.
Besides organizing, you can export icons to different formats like ICNS, PNG, TIFF, JPEG, GIF, PDF, even the iContainer format and last but not least as a convenient .zip package, ready to share with others.
Mode 2: Customize:
Since version 2, IconBox features full icon customization. Users can customize their system icons, dock icons, application icons, volume icons and even their dock in an easy to use drag-and drop way. This means that one can download the well know "iContainers" from different sites all over the web, having them change the look of your system with the click of a single button!
Mode 3: Tools:
IconBox also features a "Tools" mode. The purpose of this mode is to host different icon related tools. The first tool available for now is "X-Ray Applications". X-Ray scans your application folder for the apps within and by clicking an app, it shows all the available icons and images within the application package, letting you have a look at them (Even with Preview.app), export them etc.
Mode 4: Online:
The Online mode contains 3 features:
1) Icon-Of-The-Day: A new icon from a particular icon designer every day, downloadable directly into IconBox, straight into the "Downloaded" Box, ready to share or customize.
2) Icon Sites: A convenient list of major icon sites on the web, more sites will be added on the go. Double-Clicking a site opens it up in your default web browser.
3) IconFinder: Perhaps the most underestimated section in IconBox. It uses the iconfinder.com API which let's you search trough over 160.000 icons and allows you to instantly download them into IconBox by drag 'n drop, conveniently creating all Icon Sizes as needed.
* Mac OS X 10.6.6 or later
* 18.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
IconBox 2.5.4 is $14.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide through the Mac App Store in the Graphics & Design category. For more screenshots and a FAQ, check out our brand new website.
Operating out of Wingene, Belgium, independent developer Florian Soenens has been creating Mac apps since 1998. The first version of IconBox was released in 2003, being the first Icon Organizer for Mac OS X. His future goal is to further improve IconBox as well as taking Icon tools to the iOS platform. Copyright (C) 1998-2012 Florian Soenens. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.