August 30, 2010 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Coventry, United Kingdom - Kapeli today is pleased to announce the release of DockView 1.03, a new Mac OS X app that extends the Dock and makes it aware of the windows that applications have open. With DockView, whenever a user points the mouse at an application's icon, thumbnail images of the windows are displayed. DockView helps Mac OS X users visualize the windows they currently have open and easily find the window they are looking for.
DockView is also able to display the previews in the default Mac CMD Tab application switcher. Users can conveniently identify the application they are looking for and reduce the time it takes to switch between applications.
* Live previews. The previews refresh constantly so that users can keep an eye on windows without activating them
* Activate windows. Users can click anywhere on a preview to activate the corresponding window
* Close windows. DockView provides a very convenient way of closing windows
* Control iTunes. The image previews for iTunes show Play, Pause and Skip buttons so that users can keep iTunes minimized and still control it
* Customizable. The previews can be any size users want
* No hacks. DockView doesn't modify the Dock or any system file
DockView is a 3.8 MB application which has no impact on the system and can be easily uninstalled just by deleting it. The application runs quietly in the background, its icon can be switched off if menubar-real-estate is an issue.
* Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
Pricing and Availability:
DockView 1.03 may be purchased for $7.99 (USD). The free version displays an alert every now and then and is otherwise fully unrestricted.
Kapeli is a one-man software project ran by Bogdan Popescu, a Software Engineering student at Birmingham University. Kapeli has a simple goal: to solve some of the most common problems users encounter on Mac OS X. Copyright (C) 2010 Kapeli. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, the Finder, Dock and OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.