December 6, 2010 in Tips and How To (F)
[prMac.com] Denver, CO - Book stores and libraries are filled with books about how to start a business and others about computers. Lakewood author Kevin Cullis "wrote the book" and targets relatively unexplored territory with his book about starting a business with a Mac computer, How to Start a Business: Mac Version.
How to Start a Business: Mac Version is a shortcut to intelligently start a business that uses Mac computers to make difficult business processes more efficient, more enjoyable, and more profitable. There are over 24 million small businesses in the US with a large majority being individuals entrepreneurs having no employees, or solopreneurs. Most may not attend advanced schooling.
Beginning from a startup's business needs and progressing through the essential steps to get a business up and running smoothly to sell to its first customer, readers using a Mac will learn:
* How to make money with a Mac computer. At the heart of every business is the product or service and the brains is the business of making a profit, and how to integrate both to make more than a living when people love what they do. Many may not realize they can compliment their current product and service mix with products and services created on a Mac.
* How to implement a business plan and get that first customer. One of the first steps in starting a business is developing a business plan, whose sole purpose is to give people a sanity check to their business idea. An entrepreneur's business planning skills are essential to help a business accurately and quickly determine its profits and to progress until they sell to their first customer and beyond.
* How to set up a business the right way the first time. Once an entrepreneur has a product or service to sell it's now a matter of setting up their Mac to keep track of what is selling, how much profit there is, and watching and keeping their costs low enough to make a profit from what is being sold.
* How to start a business at home, in college, or open a medical or law office after college. No matter what your station in life you, too, can own your own business. Having various multiple streams of income and using a Mac allows one to supplement and/or broaden one's income potential. While someone may have pursued a craft of graphic art, law, science, writing, or even medicine in school, there is still the need to learn the ins and outs of the business side of that craft and how a Mac can help manage it. How to Start a Business: Mac Version does just that.
* How to use Mac's built-in software to affordably market and advertise a start-up business and attract new customers. Part of the Mac's attraction is the Mac's Cool Tools that come with each Mac. Using GarageBand you can record your own music, but you can also create audio tracks that can be used as a podcast or an audio track in your own business commercial. Using iMovie you can create a HOWTO video or a video commercial. Using iPhoto you can create calendars or cards for your customers to share with their family and friends. These, and more, of a Mac's cool tools save a business person's time, and time is money in the long run.
* How to Start a Business. Mac Version not only covers the steps needed to write a business plan, it includes the steps needed to convert the plan into an action, marketing, sales, and business operations. The books uniqueness is in combing and integrating the business project planning with using the Mac to getting things done. The book helps define the who, what, where, when, why, and how a business can market, make sales, and keep in touch with their customers.
Where to buy the book:
You can purchase the book online at Createspace's web site online and at select Denver stores for $29.99. Future store locations are being planned for and will be listed as they become available. Watch the book's Facebook page How to Start a Business: Mac Version, web site for any and all upcoming events, book signings, and announcements.
About the author:
Kevin Cullis is a USAF veteran, currently a business geek and now has become an entrepreneur. He has his Masters Degree in Administration as well as 12 years of face-to-face experience selling both Macs and PCs to businesses. He loves helping entrepreneurs and small business owners integrate, utilize, and optimize the use of their Mac in their marketing, sales, and business management processes. This combination of both a business and computer perspectives makes him unique in saving and making businesses money using a Mac. How to Start a Business: Mac Version is his first book.
Located in Denver, CO/USA, MacGetIT was founded in 2010 by Kevin Cullis to coach businesses to get the most out of their business using their Mac. All Material and Software (C) 2010 MacGetIT / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, the iPod logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.