March 3, 2011 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Atlanta, Georgia - Qoppa Software, a leading provider of PDF solutions, announces the new release of PDF StudioTM 6.6 which increases user control and ease of use. Qoppa continues to deliver updates and enhancements to the already best priced, high performance PDF annotation editor available on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Quietly listed among the 'minor enhancements' in this release is Qoppa's recently announced ability to import text and MS Word files, converting them immediately to PDF.
"We are pleased to be able to pack so many major upgrades for our customers into this minor release, only a few months after our last revision" says Leila Caison, Director of Product. "As more users adopt the PDF format and move toward the paperless office, they want more and more sophisticated features, and Qoppa Software delivers."
PDF Studio 6.6 enhancements deliver on 6 features, each of which may appeal to a different portion of Qoppa's broad customer base.
* PDF Studio Pro now offers a tool chest pane, to save time accessing and managing annotations. User's most recent annotations as well as user favorites are saved and displayed under the Tool Chest pane, making it easy to apply the same annotations many times.
* Custom stamps are further enabled in this release. In addition to existing image and text stamps, PDF Studio 6.6 now offers even more sophisticated custom stamps that include multiple annotations in a single stamp and support dynamic fields such as date and time.
* User efficiency is enhanced with the new support for group annotations. Multiple annotations can be grouped, so they function as a single unit when the user interacts with them.
* Through the new Drag and Drop into Thumbnail panes mechanism, image files, text files, and MS Word files immediately convert to PDF and are imported as new PDF pages into the current working PDF document.
* Windows and Linux users will gain the option to use the native file dialog of their operating system (as Mac users always have) instead of the Java Swing file dialog. Native dialogs offer more functionality (e.g. auto-completion) and users are more familiar with them.
* International users who use non-Latin characters (such as Arabic, Japanese, Chinese, Asian, Greek, and Cyrillic) will find the ability to edit Unicode text in annotation content, and within document properties, including author, subject, and description.
This update is available for immediate download by existing PDF Studio customers.
Qoppa Software develops and delivers high-end libraries and applications to work with PDF documents. We specialize in PDF solutions, with a strong focus on delivering high quality solutions that are widely portable. To date, this has led to our delivering many developer components, desktop and server applications, and command line utilities that will run on any operating system. We are known for our timely, efficient support of our customers, whether they are end users, integrators, or resellers. Qoppa solutions include Java class libraries to incorporate PDF manipulation capabilities; Java components to integrate PDF viewing and annotating into applications; Command Line tools to convert, print, or secure PDF documents; and two commercial stand-alone applications: PDF Automation Server(TM) to automate workflows and document handling, and PDF Studio(TM) Desktop Tool to edit and manipulate PDF documents. Copyright (C) 2011 Qoppa Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.