April 27, 2011 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Luxembourg - Houdah Software today is proud to announce the immediate availability of Tembo 1.5. Tembo is sold exclusively through the Apple Mac App Store. A demo version is available from the Houdah.com web site. Tembo is a desktop search tool based upon the powerful Spotlight engine. Tembo's strength is its easy to use interface. It's signature feature are the context sensitive filters to narrow down search results.
In first pass, Tembo groups search results by file type categories. For each group the top 10 matches are displayed. Preferences allow for groups to be enabled, disabled and reordered. The real power and convenience of Tembo is revealed on drill-down into a group. Here Tembo may list up to 2500 search results. Alongside the results are context sensitive filters. These make it easy to narrow down the list of results.
Each result category has its own dedicated filers:
* Bookmarks: Type, URL Domain
* Documents: File Type
* Fonts: File Type
* Images: Resolution, File Type
* Messages: Subject, From, To
* Movies: File Type, Codec
* Music: Artist, File Type
* PDF Documents: Author
* Source Code: File Type
Enhancements brought by Tembo 1.5 include:
* Tembo 1.5 adds the option to extend an active search to all groups. The extended search also includes a special group for files which are usually excluded from search. This new option is found at the bottom of the search results.
* Tembo preferences allow you to specify folders for Tembo to search. These search scopes are listed and available for selection from the sidebar. By default, scopes are named after the folders they point to. Tembo 1.5 allows for search scopes to be renamed in Tembo preferences.
* Mac OS X Version 10.6.6 or higher
* Spotlight indexing enabled
* 1.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Tembo 1.5 is $14.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the Mac App Store in the Utilities category.
Houdah Software s.a r.l is a small company based in Luxembourg Europe. The company was founded in late 2005 by Pierre Bernard. We specialize in quality software for Mac, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Apple, Macintosh, Mac, Spotlight, iPhone, iPod, iPad, AirPort and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Computer. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.