June 4, 2011 in Social Networking (E)
[prMac.com] San Francisco, California - Stone Design aka Big Stone Phone today released new versions of its top-selling iPhone Twitter client Twittelator Pro and Twittelator Free. Twittelator Pro was featured at the top of the Summer's Hottest iPhone Apps in an Apple/AT&T full page ad in the Wall Street Journal, New York Times and USA Today, and runs on all models of the iPhone and iPod touch.
In a recent announcement, Twitter requires all third party Twitter clients (such as Twittelator) to implement a more secure login through the Twitter website or face losing the ability to read your messages. This version of Twittelator meets the new requirements and upon upgrade, there will be no interruption of messages when Twitter turns on the new permissions.
Wednesday, June 1, Twitter announced it's new native Photo Service. Twittelator v4.7 will show these photos inline so you can keep up with the buzz!
"Twitter changes it's API often, and agile developers like us can step up to the plate and deal with it, delivering high performance Twitter experiences," said Andrew Stone (@twittelator), Stone Design's CEO. "I welcome that Twitter is moving forward and we will continue to deliver cutting edge features as both the iPad and Twitter continue to evolve."
The key new features added to Twittelator & Twittelator Pro v4.7 include:
* Photos posted via new Twitter photo service appear inline
* Updated to allow reading of private messages
* Uses Twitter's Authorization page for security
* Facebook postings with photos show thumbnails now
* Sending commands to Twittelator from other apps enhanced
Recently added features include:
* Post to Facebook - toggle it on and off in the tweet
* Instagr.am photos shown inline
* Use your own custom URL shortener!
* Search optionally shows the most popular tweets too
* Regional Trends lets you zoom into trends from places around the world
* Mobilizer to view web pages very fast - use Google's or any custom mobilizer
* OmniFocus integration: send tweets and links to OmniFocus
* All Maps give now Nearby Option and Placename instead of Lat/Long
* Search fields enhanced to find tweeters by name, username, brand, etc
* Launch Twittelator with search query: eg: twit:///search?q=twittelator
* Really long tweets can be scrolled in Options to see and copy any part
* Superlists added to List searching
* Football and Basketball emojis added
* Dedicated Browser: a persistent Browse Web category where you can surf, google and gather links to tweet
* Autosaved Movies: movies you film in Twittelator are not only uploaded, but saved to your Photos Library as well
* Paste Images: copy images and paste them via Media button in Tweet window to upload
* Media Uploads won't time out: we make sure your movie, audio or image has uploaded
* Finding Lists Enhanced: find interesting lists to join via topic and sub topic, or via search using our TList's integration
* Filter searches to your language: option to narrow tweets to your language.
* TextExpander: Supports TextExpander touch snippet expansion
* App has landscape everywhere
* Tweet your currently playing iPod song and album art
* See conversation threads in Messages
* Messages fully cached locally
* Compose: pull down to see tweet you're responding to
* Update your bio, name & location from My Profile
* Geottagged tweets show pin for obtaining a map quickly
* Option to show only geotagged nearby tweets
* Drag down top tweet to refresh
* Drag up the bottom tweet to get more tweets
* Search over 3,500 themes from Themes chooser
* Show Movapic thumbnails and images
* Find People by their full name, just like twitter's People Search
* Tap a #hashtag to either search or define it
* Email tweet sends more rich tweet info
* Email entire list of tweets with rich tweet info
* User details shows if user is protected or verified
* Lists and Profiles are archived for faster launch
* Complete Twitter Lists support to create, view, edit your lists, and see everyone elses
* Option to geotag your tweets with your location
* Automatic ReTweeting uses new official Twitter RT architecture
* Old School editable ReTweeting available too!
* See all your RT's, RT's of your tweets, and RT's by your friends
* Reply All with one tap
* Integration with What The Trend, FollowCost, TweetBlocker, favstar and Tweeteorites
* Nearby Tweets of any location - tweet pin shows their avatar
With so many other power features including unlimited custom themes, multiple accounts, lists, record audio, shoot video, unlimited drafts, offline tweeting, Twittelator and Twittelator Pro v4.7 is the most featured filled Twitter client on any platform, mobile or desktop.
"There are two major factors which set Twittelator apart from the rest of the pack," remarked Mr. Stone. "We do a free updates often and we listen carefully to and act on our customers' issues and feature requests. We're happy to include the ability to send tweets and links over to our old pals at the OmniGroup's OmniFocus app."
Twittelator Pro was listed on the top of "16 of the summer's hottest new releases" in the New York Times, Sunday August 2nd and the Wall Street Journal, Monday August 3rd in full page Apple and AT&T advertisements. Twittelator Pro was chosen as Editor's pick for best iPhone Twitter client by Mac|Life.
* US English, French, German, Japanese and Spanish
* iPhone and iPod touch
* Requires iPhone OS 3.1.3 or later
* 9.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Twittelator Free is free, and Twittelator Pro 4.7 is available for $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Social Networking category.
Stone Design is a New Mexico based software corporation founded in 1984 by Andrew Stone which has shipped over 20 titles for Mac OS X and its parent operating system, the NeXT, in the last 24 years - and over a dozen titles for iPhone and iPad in the last 4. In the past year, in conjunction with BigStonePhone, has added 6 iPhone applications to the collection. BigStonePhone is a collaboration between Stone, Jeff BIggus of Hyperjeff, artist and UI designer Ollie Wagner and Geoff Pado on SoundBite. Copyright (C) 1984-2011 Stone Design. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, iPad and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.