June 24, 2011 in Lifestyle (E)
[prMac.com] Genoa, Italy - Dot Next today is pleased to introduce Anywhere - A Travel Guide 1.0 for iOS, their Lifestyle app designed to enhance and expand any travel experience. Based on the popular deck of 132 cards created by Swedish art student Magda Lipka Falck, users draw cards such as: "Find a bridge and cross it," or "Take a bus and get off at the fifth stop," or "Eat something you've never tasted." The app features the ability to save photos, videos, or notes on the back of cards, Facebook connectivity, and a History of cards drawn. Travelers of all ages will benefit from the unexpected discoveries Anywhere makes possible. And they can savor their adventures by browsing through the card History, where the app saves photos, videos, and notes on the back of cards, reminders of what happened after following the directions on the card's front.
Ms. Flack created the Anywhere deck of cards in 2010 while pursuing a Master's degree at the Konstfack University College of Arts, Crafts and Design in Sweden. Discussing her project, she stated, "There are many different types of travel. Sometimes they carry us right across the globe, sometimes out into space and sometimes just around the block. Sometimes there is a journey going on inside us. I have created a travel guide that is situated somewhere in the middle. A travel guide that will hopefully lead you to places you have never seen before though you may visit them every day. A place you have forgotten, a place you have never searched for or a place that does not exist."
Anywhere - A Travel Guide operates in the portrait mode and opens to an evocatively designed screen featuring a motif of multiple directional arrows. There are two main buttons: Draw a Card, and History. Choosing to draw a card, a turnover transition reveals the card and its number from 1 to 132. The user may then select the shuffle button to receive an alternate card, or may touch the Start! button.
* Wear earplugs all day. Notice how the world looks without the sounds
* Smile to people that you meet. Walk as slowly as comfortable. Try different ways of lifting your feet
* Look for the most beautiful house
* Find a place that you like, then call someone you miss and describe it
* Find a piece of paper. Fold it into a paper airplane. Throw it out from a high place
* Buy or pick a flower or a balloon. Give it to someone in exchange for a piece of advice
* Figure out if you feel heavy or light when you walk today. If heavy - try to feel light. If light - try to feel heavy. Walk Straight forward
* Eat something you haven't tried before. Notice if you like it or not. Try to figure out every flavor and separate them
* Today I am going to find a:, It's going to make me feel:, After that I will:, but not:
* (I bindskrift): Be still and listen
* Find a guided tour. Take the tour. Ask the tour guide where to find the unexpected
* Come and go, come and go. Fly like a bird. Make air lines. Then find a place where you can land
* Blue Card. Look especially for everything blue
* Find or make a souvenir that represents your experience of this day
If the traveler chooses to follow the card's instructions, the Start! button disappears and is replaced by three small buttons: Photo, Video, and Note. The card and its instructions remain displayed fullscreen, so the user may refer back to it at any time. During the process of discovery that the card initiates, the user may save a photo, video, or note to the back of the card. Photos and videos may be easily previewed and saved within the app and/or exported to the Photo Library. Photos may be conveniently uploaded to Facebook directly from the app's Preview page.
* A completely new concept in travel guides
* Playing is easy: draw a card, read the directions, and an ordinary holiday becomes an unforgettable experience
* 132 cards, countless stories
* Suitable for any location: some place never seen before, the same vacation spot as every year, or the city that is home
* Works with any iOS device (a built-in camera is optional)
* Save photos, videos, and notes on the back of each card
* Export photos from within the app to Facebook and/or the Photo Library
"Anywhere - A Travel Guide is the ideal catalyst for creating memorable experiences," commented Dot Next CEO, Michele Ferraro. "Whether you are walking the streets of an exotic Asian city or walking back home from work, this app is for travelers everywhere."
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* iOS 4.0 or later
* 9.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Anywhere - A Travel Guide 1.0 is available now at the special introductory price of $0.99 (USD) through the App Store in the Lifestyle category. After July 4, the app will be available at the regular price of $1.99. Review copies are available upon request.
Headquartered in Genoa, Italy, Dot Next snc is a privately held corporation founded in 2006 by Luca Calcagno and Michele Ferraro. Dot Next specializes in graphics, communication, and software development. Their strengths are great skills, passion, and attention to human relationships. Dot Next started developing iPhone apps in 2009, and their last app, ABC - Magnetic Alphabet, was featured by Apple as &amp;quot;New and Noteworthy&amp;quot; on the iTunes home page in 70 countries. Copyright (C) 2006-2011 Dot Next snc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.