November 28, 2011 in Services (E)
[prMac.com] New York and Atlanta - Today Mobilewalla, the search, discovery and analytics engine for apps announced the recipients of its first "Mobilewalla 50" annual recognition to developers who have earned a benchmark for app excellence. Anindya Datta, founder and executive chairman of Mobilewalla, made the announcement.
"The MW50 is a group of quality mobile app developers that create apps that users love," says Anindya Datta. "They have been chosen to represent developers large and small, internationally diverse and they create apps for a variety of categories and platforms. Our proprietary and objective MW Developer Reputation Score (MDRS) underpins the selection of the MW50." MDRS is a numerical value between 0 and 100 that indicates how good the developer is on a given platform.
The list is derived with the intent of helping consumers use author reputation to differentiate among apps the way book and movie consumers do. Here are 7 new members of the "Mobilewalla 50" for 2011:
Aaltra (Windows): Aaltra Interactive Media specializes in user security. They developed the popular Windows app IP Camera Viewer that allows you to watch your IP camera from anywhere with your phone. You can also check your home security camera or see how the weather is from the other side of the world.
* Evernote (iOS, Android, Blackberry, Windows): The goal at Evernote was to give everyone the ability to easily capture any moment, idea, inspiration, or experience whenever they want using whichever device or platform they find most convenient, and then to make all of that information easy to find. They did just that with the self-named, popular app, Evernote.
* Limbic (iOS): Limbic has single handedly dropped international productivity rates with their smash hit, Zombie Gunship. Looking for games with more strategy? Test your wits with their other two hits Nuts! And TowerMadness.
* Navita (Blackberry): Navita is a Brazilian technology firm that specializes in developing solutions for Mobility, Portals and Intranets. In addition to their 300 worldwide corporate clients, they have developed Navita Sports, a free application specially developed for BlackBerry(R) smart phones. Navita Sports provides real-time scoring updates and coverage on most major worldwide sports.
* Scrollmotion (iOS): ScrollMotion is a creative technology company devoted to reshaping how people experience digital information and entertainment. Their award-winning platforms power interactions and communications for some of the world's biggest brands, from Oprah and Sesame Street to Disney. Scroll Motion, Inc., creator of the Iceberg Reader, is the leading iPhone application provider for branded content in the Apple App Store.
* Silver Tree Media (Android, iOS): What do you get when you couple action-packed 3D puzzle games with incredible graphics? SilverTree's Cordy. Cordy is redefining mobiles game graphics and is rated the top Android game in a number of countries.'
* Zynga with Friends: Zynga is the new undisputed king of apps. Zynga pioneered "social gaming" and hasn't looked back. Whether through their Facebook games such as Cityville, Farmville, Mafia Wars, or popular mobile titles including Words with Friends, Zynga Poker, and Hanging with Friends, Zynga brings gamers together in a way unrivaled in the industry.
Mobilewalla is a deep search and discovery and analytics engine incorporating breakthrough technology to help consumers, developers and advertisers navigate the highly fragmented mobile application marketplace. Mobilewalla offers a real-time rating and raking system for every app in every category available in Apple, Android, Blackberry and Windows, plus a ratings system for the developers who write these apps. For more information, visit Mobilewalla online or download the free app in the Apple or Android stores. Copyright (C) 2011 Mobilewalla. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.