January 8, 2013 in Music (E)
[prMac.com] London, United Kingdom - Farnell Computer Services Ltd today is proud to announce the release of Magic Stave 1.2 for iPhone and iPod touch. Magic Stave listens to you singing or playing an instrument and displays detected notes on a music stave and also shows them on a piano keyboard or guitar fretboard. A Tuner and transposition tools make this a "swiss army knife" for seasoned music professionals and beginners alike.
Magic Stave automatically detects the key signature you're singing/playing. It has a built-in tuner so you can see exactly how sharp or flat you are or tune your guitar to. Use Magic Stave as a composition/ideas notepad as you can record detected notes as a MIDI file then export to GarageBand (or other sequencer) to hear it and see the music notation.
* Displays notes on Grand, Treble or Bass Clefs
* Displays notes in any major or minor keys
* Displays notes on a piano keyboard
* Display notes on a guitar fretboard
* Displays note names and optional octave information
* Displays the frequencies of detected notes
* Auto detect key signature
* Note History
* Cent Tuning Meter
* Transposes detected notes up to 12 semitones up or down
* Will detect notes accurately and fast in the range C2 to C6
* Allows the configuration of the reference A frequency (just in case your piano is not quite in tune!)
* Share Midi recordings via iTunes/Wifi/Website/Email
* Midi records detected notes
The app is brilliant tool for seasoned music professionals and beginners alike. Ideal for supporting you as you learn to read music or vocalists away from an instrument and want to know whether you're singing in tune:
* Learning to read music and not sure whether the note you're playing is right? Magic Stave shows you the note you're actually playing and you can compare that with the sheet music you're reading to check you've hit the right note.
* Are you a singer reading music? Magic Stave will display the notes you're singing so you can ensure you're hitting the right note! Magic Stave can tell you the key you're singing in too!
* Ever wondered how high or low you can sing? Magic Stave will show you instantly. Works great with all transposing instruments too.
Magic Stave is now a MIDI recording note pad too! Just play/sing your idea while recording and import the midi file into any Sequencer/DAW like Logic or Sibelius. Works with iPod touches if you plug in a microphone too. Note that this app detects monophonic sounds (not chords).
* iPhone 4, 4S, 5, iPod touch
* iOS 4.0 or higher
* 4.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Magic Stave Midi Recorder 1.2 1.2 is $2.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Music category.
London, UK based Farnell Computer Services Ltd (FCSL) is a private company operated by Jim Jeffery. Computer Science graduate Jim is a freelance IT consultant that operates in the UK retail sector, but as a former defence industry software engineer is still a passionate software developer and produces innovative and compelling mobile solutions for the iOS platform. Other iPhone titles include Rcrdr Audio Recorder, Dr Rhythm and Photo Sudoku for iPhone. Copyright (C) 2012-2013 Farnell Computer Services Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.