July 8, 2009 in Productivity (E)
[prMac.com] Cedar Park, Texas - Texas-based Mobile market leader, WebIS Inc. today announced a major update to its Calendaring/To Do application for the iPhone, Pocket Informant. This release offers improved performance and stability, more robust synching, more complex recurrence options, better editing features, shake to sync, To Do grouping/sorting, and much more. Pocket Informant offers Calendaring and To do management in one easy to use application and is the premiere Personal Information Manager for iPhone, Windows Mobile, and BlackBerry devices.
Pocket Informant is a fully redesigned from the ground up calendaring and GTD-based tasks solution for the iPhone/iPod Touch. Our purpose is to integrate best-of-class calendaring with best-of-class tasks together into one great solution. Version 1.04 makes major improvements in almost every area of the application.
"Our plans have been to work on 1.0x releases to polish up our initial release and get things to the point where we can focus on major features and desires of our customers." said WebIS CEO Alex Kac. "With version 1.04 we have a great app that performs well and works well. But our work is not nearly done. We are already nearing completion of version 1.1 which adds Push Notifications for Event and Todo alarms, even bigger performance improvements, full landscape support, Calendar Filtering, and much more".
WebIS is also working on full Outlook sync and iCal sync via WiFi and other methods to provide direct syncing solutions for Pocket Informant customers.
* A calendar built the way an iPhone Calendar should be
* Today, Month, Day, Week, Agenda, Todo, and Search views
* Swipe between Months, Days, and Weeks
* Easily jump to any date in Day and Month views
* Timebars to show your free/busy time at a glance
* Expanded detail view to see events and todos on any day
* Phone Links in Notes
* Todos integrated in the Calendar Views
* Todo Grouping
* Todo QuickEntry
* Full Search of Contacts, Todos, and Calendar items
* Send Appointment Meeting Requests
* Getting-Things-Done (GTD) management of Todos
* Franklin Covey ABC/1-99 Prioritization of Todos
* Filters to quickly find active, due, undated, overdue, and completed Todos
* Today View to show your current appointments, Todos and meeting attendees
* Starring/Flagging Todos
* Many options to configure First Day of week, ISO Week Numbers, which calendars to sync, past appointment style, colors, app badge, etc...
* iPhone or iPod Touch 2.2 or later
Pricing and Availability:
Pocket Informant 1.04 for iPhone is available exclusively through Apple's App Store at a introductory price of $12.99 (USD).
Headquartered in Cedar Park, Texas, Web Information Solutions, Inc. is a privately funded Corporation founded in 1997 by Aleksei Kac. WebIS has focused on the Mobile PDA and Smartphone market since August of 2001 and has risen to become one of top ten developers by sales for mobile devices shortly thereafter. With more than 500,000 users on Windows Mobile, BlackBerry, and now the iPhone, WebIS has shown expertise, leadership, and vision in the mobile space. For more information on WebIS or Pocket Informant, please visit their website. Copyright 1997-2008 Web Information Solutions, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and iPhone are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.