February 7, 2014 in Productivity (E)
[prMac.com] Palo Alto, California - Indeeo is proud to announce the immediate availability of iDraw 2, a major update to the powerful iPad graphic design and illustration application. iDraw 2 adds the unique ability to import layered Adobe Photoshop PSD files, preserving vector paths and layer style effects as editable objects, effectively converting Photoshop files that use vector shape layers into fully editable iDraw documents.
Version 2 has been redesigned from the ground up, featuring a beautiful new interface inspired by the clean look of iOS 7. New fast-entry value input popovers, HSB and Hex color pickers, a powerful new gradient editor, and many more new features have been added to improve user workflows.
"Our goal for iDraw has been to bring the illustration features found in desktop applications to the iPad with the intuitive ease of use of an iOS app," said Adrian Diaconu of Indeeo, "iDraw 2 brings us closer to that goal, and in fact the iPad version now closely matches the feature set of the Mac version of iDraw."
This latest update also adds new features useful for creating app mockups, technical designs, and floor plans. A new iOS 7 UI library has been added to the available built-in shape libraries, while new dimensioning options and automatic area calculations will assist users in creating schematics and diagrams.
Photoshop PSD Import/Export:
* Import layered PSD files with vector paths and effects
* Shape layers are imported as editable vector paths
* Layer effects are imported as fully editable drop shadows, glows, etc.
* Export designs as layered PSD files
Redesigned for iOS 7:
* Redesigned from the ground up featuring an intuitive new interface
* Optimized for the new 64-bit A7 processors of the latest iPads
* New fast-entry value input popovers
* New color picker and gradient editor interfaces
* Document status bar with current tool and zoom info
Export Scale and DPI Options:
* Scale PDF, SVG, PNG, or JPEG files when exporting
* Output image resolution can be set to 72 dpi, 144 dpi, or 300 dpi
* Create high-resolution print quality images
Hex Value and HSB Color Pickers:
* Hex value color picker interface with RGB value fields
* Hue, Saturation, Brightness sliders
* Saved color and saved gradient palettes
New Dimension Label Settings:
* Create technical designs, floor plans, and schematics using customizable dimension labels
* Fractional numbers can now be displayed as decimals or fractions
* Adjustable levels of precision
* Feet, inches, yards, and metric unit format settings
New Blend Modes:
* 8 new blend modes including Linear Burn, Linear Dodge, Vivid Light, Linear Light, Pin Light, Hard Mix, Subtract, Divide
* Existing blend modes (such as Color Dodge) have been improved to ensure they match the appearance of imported PSD files
* Apply blend modes to individual shapes and groups
* Apply blend modes to strokes and fills in the Appearance Effects Pane
* New 'Angle Gradient' setting in the gradient editor pane
* Redesigned Gradient Editor with touch gradient editing
Inner and Outer Strokes:
* Set strokes to be positioned centered, inside, or outside of a path
* Set line cap and line join styles for strokes
* Cut a path into multiple sections, at anchor points, or anywhere along its length
* Available from the Pen Tool's options
* Quickly copy the appearance settings of an object
* Easily re-use the same image and gradient fill settings among different shapes
* Copy the font and style attributes of the currently selected text range
* Import larger images with sizes up to 4096 x 4096 pixels
* Power new Path Editing Tools
* Text kerning and line height settings
* Resize Artwork and Resize Canvas panels
* New App Mockups and App Sketches shape libraries
* Many additional bug fixes and improvements
* iOS 5 or later
* 21.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
iDraw 2 is available for purchase worldwide exclusively through the App Store for $8.99 (USD). The update is free for existing users who purchased previous versions of iDraw on the App Store.
Based in Palo Alto, California, Indeeo Inc. develops applications designed specifically for Mac OS X and iOS. iDraw launched as one of the first applications available for the iPad, and continues to be one of the best-selling illustration applications available for iOS. iDraw for Mac OS X later launched on the Mac App Store and has been featured by Apple as a Mac App of the Week. Copyright (C) 2014 Indeeo, Inc. All rights reserved. Adobe Photoshop is a registered trademark of Adobe Systems, Inc. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.