May 12, 2015 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Villeurbanne, France - ADNX Software today is proud to announce the release and immediate availability of xScan 4.0, an important update to their popular system monitor utility for Mac OS X. xScanSolo allows users to monitor the behavior and health of a single Mac computer. xScanPro allows users to monitor the health of multiple Macs from any remote location. Most customers of xScan 3 can get the new xScanSolo 4.0 version for free.
xScan 4 offers a concept that is quite different from previous versions. The new application features a more modern user interface, with almost all aspects of the UI allowing for customization. xScan 4 includes a set of 12 widgets that offer the flexibility for customized views in the main window, and display options are available for each widget. The possibilities are endless. ADNX is already working on more widgets for future versions. The application can be extended in many ways. If users have an idea for widgets, they should feel free to send their feedback to ADNX.
"We are proud to be releasing xScan 4. The new version is a complete rewrite from our previous version, and represents 8 months of development. The utility was then tested on hundreds of configurations over a three month period," says ADNX CEO Patrice Calligaris. "xScan 4's monitoring and alert capabilities will help users keep their Macs running strong."
Available widgets and options for both versions of xScan 4.0 include:
* Computer (model, screen size, graphic card, VRAM, last boot, serial number, startup disk)
* Processor (gauge, graph, value - all processors, just one)
* Memory (gauge, graph, value - free, active, used, apps, all values)
* Network (graph, value - average, all interfaces, just one)
* Disk (pie chart, gauge, value - users can select the disk)
* Processes (top one, top 5, top 10 - real time or average)
* Temperature (gauge, graph, value - celcius, fahrenheit)
* IP address (choice of the interface or router)
* Fans (gauge, graph, value)
* Battery (pie chart, gauge, value - time until full, time left)
* Web server (Apache, MYSQL, PHP - versions detected)
* System (version, name)
List of available OS X notifications:
* Hardware issues on the motherboard (detected by sensors)
* Problems related to the processor (temperature)
* Fan issues (related to the speed)
* Disk issues (S.M.A.R.T status)
* Main disk capacity (checks if there is enough space)
* Blocked processes (using too much CPU level)
* Hacker attacks (computer takeover attempts)
* MySQL health (database issues)
xScanSolo 4 Features:
Completely rewritten, xScanSolo 4 features a modern user interface, allowing users to drag and drop xScan widgets of their choice onto a main window. Each widget has multiple display options, thus allowing configuration of the display to be different for each monitored computer, according to the specific needs of each machine. The utility also alerts users in real time about major problems with the hardware or with the hard drives connected to their Mac. It will also supply information about general issues with the operating system and a number of different processes.
xScanPro 4 Features:
xScanPro 4 is a powerful solution that allows users to monitor the behavior and health of multiple Mac computers. It can alert users in real-time about hardware issues, supplying information about problems with the operating system, disks, or processes.
Two options are available for the xScanPro monitoring application:
* Users who have a Mac server available with a fixed IP address, (which can be located on a local network, or in a data center, accessible via the Internet), can install a server application. This application requires OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or any later version. The xScanPro Daemon is installed on all monitored computers, which then collects information about the computer and continually monitors the health of all components. Once collected, the information is centralized on the server. This allows users to access the data from any location without any issues with firewalls, routers, or proxy servers. (A trial version is available with limited features.)
* If users do not have a dedicated Mac server available, they can opt to use the xStream cloud service. This secure, high performance service allows users to monitor up to 10 Mac computers or servers. An annual subscription plan is available, and interested parties can setup a trial account which will allow them to monitor up to 3 computers, free for 30 days.
All Macs that are to be monitored by the xScanPro service will require the installation of a xScanPro Daemon system process. ADNX provides a simple to use installer.
* OS X 10.9 Mavericks or OS X 10.10 Yosemite or higher
* Intel Processor
Pricing and Availability:
xScanSolo 4.0 is available for 29 Euros (Around $33 USD), and xScanPro 4.0 is available for 199 Euros (Around $223 USD), and both are available at the ADNX Software website. Both versions of xScan 4.0 boast the latest in available technologies, and thus require OS X 10.9 Mavericks or OS X 10.10 Yosemite, two versions of OS X that are already being used by more than 80% of Mac users. A pro version of xScan will be available for the iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch later this summer.
ADNX SARL was established in 2001, founded by Patrice Calligaris with the goal of providing innovative solutions for Apple users. In 2013, the decision was made to focus on professional solutions. ADNX is now a market-leading development team. They are committed to delivering high quality solutions to customers at competitive prices. Every day, their goal is to create solutions that will make their customer's experience with Apple products more enjoyable and user-friendly. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2015 ADNX SARL. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh and Mac OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.